Old 04-29-2004   #1
I have 3 open spots for Westwater 5/1/04

This is a very short notice. As of now there are only two of us. We were trying to find a raft but no luck. All are invited. Give me a call if you are interested. Fill all 3 spots.

Jason Claeys
Fort Collins

(970) 224-5546

jclaeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004   #2

Just to let you all know, I am a healthy class IV boater and have been paddling the last 3yrs. I am not totally comfortable kayaking in a group of 2. I prefer to have at least 3 people in a group. Safety first. We got this permit about 2 months ago and thought that we had all of the spots filled. We had a few guys back out at the last minute. Let me know ASAP if anyone is interested and available. You can either reply here of mountainbuzz or give me a call.

Old 04-29-2004   #3
I would be interested in going, however, I have a limited time frame as I need to be back in summit county early enough to pack and leave for a gunny trip sat night or early sunday morning. What was your time frame? one day? shuttle the day before?
farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004   #4
Our plan was to head up Friday night and paddle Sat. We want to get started as early as possible. We were planning on clamping out Sat night and heading out Sun morning. I have checked the flows and the colo has been running between 3100 and 3500 cfs. I am not sure how long it will take us with these flows. Do you have any idea? We can run it together and if you need to get back to summit, we can just camp out and you head back. It would be sweet to set up a shuttle the night before.

Let me know what you think. I would love for you to paddle with us.
Old 04-29-2004   #5
I have no idea how long it takes at these flows, as I have only run in in rubber, and we were in no rush. I wouldn't be able to get down there until sat morning, and then if we had to run shuttle after that it would kind of be a late start. but I am still interested if we can get it worked out, ie possible bike shuttle or something similar. I'll give you a call tommorow sometime and try and figure things out.
farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #6
Call me on my cell: 970-691-0462
Old 04-30-2004   #7

When are you guys planning on leaving? Room for 1 body/gear/boat? Can't leave Avon 'til 5:30pm tonight.

Let me know.
briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004   #8
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Farmer, in a kayak at 2500 it takes about 7 hours to run the river and you can do the bike ride in less than 2 if you haul. If you don't play, I'd suspect that you could run west in 5+ hours at 3500

P.S. That 7hrs also includes multiple safety breaks.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote