Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-11-2004   #1
I got laid off today. Who wants to do some weekday runs?

Another Qwest casualty.

Anyone up for getting out during the week. I want to take advantage of this unemployment. (weekends also open)

I'm a class III boater, always looking to wisely be challenged and improve. Only been out once this year, so still ramping up. Right now, looks like stuff on the Poudre is good, stuff on the CO near Glenwood (I'm not opposed to stuff like Grizzly Creek/Two Rivers/South Canyon, etc.), also have my eye on St. Vrain, class III stuff.

Let me know. Reply here, or shoot me an email (scott_p_thomson@yahoo.com) or PM.

spthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #2
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
I work mostly weekends and have weekdays to paddle. I am a Class IV paddler and an ACA whitewater instructor. I am headed to NM on Friday to paddle. I will be back in town (Boulder) by 5/20.

Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #3
I'm waiting for my Qwest layoff

Been waiting for a while. Not much to do in the last 2 years. I am in wireless and they are dumping that part of the company. I am hoping to get the package in June. New Mexico is flowing well. The Santa Cruz is a short class 4 creek. The lower Toas box is good as is the Pilar race course. Best of luck from a fellow Qwest casualty.

WD7Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004   #4
Loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Hey Guys and Gals,
I also have tons of weekdays off, I am a class III paddler, looking to progressively move into harder stuff. I live in Fort Collins and mostly paddle the Poudre. I want to get down and do some runs on the Ark as well as Shoshone and anything else that might be fun. You can respond here or send me an email at ibprb@aol.com. Thanks, Paul
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004   #5
I finished up school for the summer and have yet to start working, so I'm free all the time. I am a class IV boater but I'm down to paddle whatever is running. If anyone is putting together a weekday trip let me know!
NYdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004   #6
Hi all - I have the rest of the week off, and would love to do anything up to Class III within a few hours drive. Call me at (303) 506-3811 if you get a trip together. Sorry about the layoffs - but hope you can make the best of it!
- Andrea
andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004   #7
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde

Sorry about the layoff dude, I know it sucks. You don't happen to be a programmer? if so, do you do .NET development?

mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #8
I sent a bunch of PMs to y'all...but thought I'd post a reply here as well. Flows on S. Platte are up, hoping they stay up for a couple days for some nice, close runs...anyone interested, let me know.

720 271 9094
spthomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #9
Hi all,

I'm also unemployed, so I can paddle just about anytime. I'm in Fort Collins, so if anyone is looking for someone to paddle with I'd be up for anything class III-IV. Right now my wireless company is being a pain in the ass, so you can try and call me at 970.217.3887 but you're probably better off emailing me at jaffy27@hotmail.com.

jaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004   #10
If anyone wants to paddle today I'm going to be at the Lyons play hole (across from the black bear in). If the water is high enough I'd like to run the middle section of NSV. I'm going to be at the hole around 1 and I could head upstream anytime between then and 2:30. I'll be in a yellow Disco. Hope to see someone there.

NYdan is offline   Reply With Quote