Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2006   #1
I am so sorry, y'all...

...but I gotta call out your boy for just a sec.

Andy, dude, what is with all of the "racist" talk? Do you know what words mean? "Racist" actually has a very specific definition. It means something particular.

Also, if you are the "only employee" of this company of yours, who are the reps that answer your phone in Dallas if I call? I guess they work for an answering service? Is the office on McKinney vacant and empty right now while you are out learning new meanings to existing words and pretending to be a boater?

Finally, you said people on here are good at setting people like me straight, yet you locked down the thread before anyone made their own decision to reply or not. I mean, dude, its your website, and you're gonna do what you want with it, but that's kinda lame.

The next time I come to Cornholearado, I am bringing my portable flagpole (you know, the ones with the metal bases that secure under a vehicle's tire) and I will be raising the biggest Texas flag that I can hoist up the pole right there in your campground. I am gonna take up enough space for 20 tents and none of you local yokels will do a damned thing about it. The only thing I am gonna leave you all with is my still-smouldering campfire and a shitload of Lone Star beer cans all over the ground. Its kinda my calling card.

That's all. See ya' on the water, ladies.

Old 06-28-2006   #2
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
you = genius*

* yeah, i'm lying.

Old 06-28-2006   #3

hey - i haven't been keeping up with this one, but it obviously sounds like there's some bad blood going on, and this word "racist", and texas versus colorado.....

it also seems to me that since you are posting, you are not adverse to solicitation of others views. as stated above, i don't really know what kind of verbal altercation is going on, but my advice is to focus on the positive, enjoy life, respect others, and don't get so wrapped up in internet shouting matches.

life is too short to be mad. be joyfull. have fun and share your enthusiam with others. life is full of wonderful people and one of the best expericences out there is to share and communicate in a positive way wtih other people.

whether you are in texas, colo, or bfe, try to appreciate what you have, and make the best of it. after all, any of us could be in a prison camp in afganistan.

Old 06-28-2006   #4
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Jeez. Harsh. I think we all knew that when Andy said racist, he meant it to encompass racist, agist, sexist, elitist, statist, denominationist, and any other persecutive generalisations. Lighten up.
"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
Old 06-28-2006   #5
Somewhere on, Earth
Go by the office on McKinney and say hello to the people at the Eagle Postal Center. They are real nice and forward my mail to me while I am traveling. As for the next available rep, that would be me. I would highly recommend to any entrepreneur to make your small business look bigger, it is a great service.

Thanks for the educated and positive posts by the Count and Steve. In time we will have some process to best handle trolls and members that just want incite hateful debates. As I said before, there are lots of forums out there, please find another one if your goal is to keep posting off topic discussions in the “Boaters’ Forums”.
Old 06-28-2006   #6
Didnt Teaxas lose the battle of Alamo?

Is it possible to give Texas back to Mexico? Seems the world & Colorado would be a lot better off...
Old 06-28-2006   #7
Durango, Colorado
Dear Timmay,

give it a rest - nobody cares.
Old 06-28-2006   #8
Why all the hate for texas? This makes no sense to me. Can somebody explain why CO hates TX? Please.
Old 06-28-2006   #9
Originally Posted by dugan
Dear Timmay,

give it a rest - nobody cares.
Dear dugan,

You're a fag.
Old 06-28-2006   #10
i am kinda interested in the "Texas hate" thing as well..... I personally love Colorado, and am coming up there boating this weekend. (im a Texan by the way) We are all Kayakers..... and the boaters i have met up there on previous trips have been good people as I find most boaters are. Maybe a Texan started this "rivalry".... I dont know. some people just like to start shit no matter what state you are in. I love Texas and am proud to be from here. But you guys have a beautiful state and you should be proud of it too and im sure you are. blah blah blah.... thats my 2 cents!

Closed Thread