Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2006   #51
Originally Posted by timmay
I think I speak for most, if not all, of the TX paddling community when I say that Colorado is my toilet.
Hmmm, timmay, seems like a fellow Texas resident just refuted that:
Originally Posted by maximumbob2222
You guys would vomit at the type of drainage ditches we paddle let alone the water quality. You wanna paddle in TX you better have a bad@ss immune system.
Last time I checked, my toilet flushes into your drinking water.

As for the whole debate, I don't give a shit about where anyone is from, but as someone who worked at Purgatory ski resort for years, Texas was the easy target. Smart, educated people seemed to leave their brains at the state line, with such lines as "at what elevation do the deer turn to elk" or "why do y'all build the fences so short around here". How can you not laugh and make fun when you hear that?

For the record, in Durango we also made fun of the cars that had "caution plates" or "warning plates" on them, warning you that a New Mexico driver was behind the wheel (New Mexico license plates are yellow, and their drivers are not, ummm, the most skilled or the most sober). All in good fun.

Anyone who takes this shit seriously, who would really judge anyone they didn't know based upon what state they were from, has problems.

Old 06-28-2006   #52
Yes it does seem that ALL tourist leave there brains at home. What a shame.

Old 06-28-2006   #53
Denver, Colorado
There are assholes in every state. Sometimes they go out of their way to identify themselves. What a boring thread.
Old 06-28-2006   #54
This was fun thanks for the entertainment! Glad to know not all of the people in CO are closed minded @ssholes. SYOTR or drainage ditch depending on where you live.
Old 06-28-2006   #55
i think you faggs should host your playboat competitions in texas and then we could kill two birds with one stone
Old 06-28-2006   #56
Old 06-28-2006   #57
Durango, Colorado
I think this thread originally had less to do w/ Texans than than it did w/ the fact that Timmay is a dick. However, in all fairness this thread has been pretty entertaining. I am gonna kick your ass for calling me a fag though, Timmay. I tell ya time you head up, let me know. I've got a hundred bucks says I can fit that Texas flag and the majority of your Lone Star beer cans up your ass. Nothin' but steers and queers in Texas - so it shouldn't be a tight fit.
Old 06-28-2006   #58
Originally Posted by dugan
Nothin' but steers and queers in Texas -
Its this kind of generalization that makes you sound just like the @sshole your trying to have anal sex with. You must be a fag. In Texas Dugan means DUMB@SS! Have a nice day.
Old 06-28-2006   #59
It's a movie quote bob. That automatically changes the tone...
Kyle McCutchen
Old 06-28-2006   #60
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Originally Posted by El quapo
Two words dumb fuck: wolf creek.
Yeah, it is the Wolf that seems to attract more Texans than other places. But I've never skied Durango.

Full Metal Jacket...never gets old.

Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Closed Thread