Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-14-2011   #1
Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
HUGE "Turn the Tunnel On!" ShoutOut to Bailey Fest 2011!!!

What a great time Bailey Fest 2011 was!

Huge thanks to Ian for spearheading, putting in huge hours & making it happen!

Jackson Kayaks & Marty for donating 2 kayaks to the cause! What "Cause"? The cause of everyone just getting together & having a great time on the river!

The landowner that made the amazing campground available to us all, then coming down to hang with us Sunday morning! Apparently, he was "disappointed" there were not more people there!

The landowners that allowed us to pass through their property, access scouting & safety points, etc.

Also the landowner who was clearing brush & vegetation around 4 Falls. He was nice on Saturday when I thanked him for allowing us access & for the work he was doing, however come Sunday some of us had let our good judgements lapse & he was not as happy. So let's remember to exercise respect for his & others' property every time we are on Bailey.

American Whitewater for helping keep great rivers like Bailey accessible to us all!

Oskar Blues & Marty for all the tasty & cool beverages for after the run & in the campground!

The Town of Bailey for their time, efforts & funding to provide us Bailey Lovers a legit Put-In so we may minimize our confrontations with landowners when our good judgements lapse from time to time.

Denver Water for TURN[ING] ON THE TUNNEL!

And for anyone else I'm probably missing that helped make this a huge success!

Being an organic event, we did not see a lot of the Sponsors' Banners who helped make this event great, and allowed us to enjoy the beauty of the natural environment around the river & campground. Please take the time to thank them all by letting them know what this event meant to you & how their donations were greatly appreciated by giving them a ShoutOut here.

Marty, Ian & others will make sure they are pointed in this direction, so they can see how much we all appreciated their support of Bailey Fest 2011!

If you didn't get your $10 to Ian for the camping fees, make sure to do it. 10 bones is nothing in comparison to all the fun we had, & we wanna make sure all the costs were covered, so come Bailey Fest 2012, there will be more kegs, more burgers, more kayakers & their friends having a great time, and it can still remain organic & natural for our celebration of this river!

[admins please sticky]

~Get all the sleep I need when I'm dead.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011   #2
San Jose, CA, California
Paddling Since: 1998
Thanks to everyone who came out this weekend. It was my first Bailey fest and I had a great time. Cant wait for next year.

Ian I owe you for camping. Do you have an adress/ pay pale account I can send a check/cash to?
buckmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote