Old 07-31-2014   #11
Charleston, West Virginny
Paddling Since: 1996
Originally Posted by shredder-scott View Post
Highly recommend that you get rid of the tadem kayak.

Get a Hyside Mini max or paddle cat both are AWSOME 2 person rafts. Way more stable than a tandem ducky, and not a lot bigger or heavier when rolled up.
Nah-keep the Sea Eagle, it'll fill a good niche in your future boat quiver. That 380x is actually a pretty good tandem IK (I have one) for class II, once you get to class III it's a bit of a pig w/ 2 people though. It's only 12.5 feet long and does really well solo as well (thing will carry a ton of gear)....ultimately the boat does a lot of things well but none of them great. My tandem and solo time is about 50/50 in mine although I'm in my other boats much more often.

I'll never get rid of mine, but would like to add a minimax to my boat collection (I have several other round boats) for some bigger but more technical water than the SE is up me they won't really cover the same duties on the water.

The SE is a good boat to cut your teeth on. Use it for a year or two and get good on some class II floats and then you will probably want to upgrade to either a) another IK (or two) that is a little better in whitewater so you can each solo or b) get a raft/cat

2kanzam is offline   Reply With Quote

kayaking, rafting

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off