Old 05-13-2011   #11
Hagerstown, Maryland
Hello again, guys.

Here's a question: Does anyone have a shredder of their own they're looking to sell? This one is a friend's and I no longer have easy access to it... And I want to do this more, but bigger.

I'm getting a catalog from the maker, but he's got a back-order on these things. I'll be patient if I have to, but I'm all for buying used if it'll speed up the process.

JohnsonJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011   #12
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Yes and yes

Yes. I own a Shredder Big Rocker and Yes I have jumped on it. And, Yes the kids have used it more than once as a Jump Around.

I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #13
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991

agree with raftus a boathouse full of stacked boats can be pretty fun. The one I remember is a game called viking. I can't remember how to play it unless I am drunk but it takes place on the top of a four stack - easier to reach the rafters that way. And it's best to place at least one boat on the floor on all the different approaches to the stack.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011   #14
Hagerstown, Maryland
Don: Awesome, man. Your kids are very lucky. When I was a youngun', the closest thing I had to this was when I stole every pillow in the house, put it between my bed and the 6 foot high dresser, climb said dresser, and try to clear the gap.

That almost never worked, and in retrospect, it's not really surprising I grew up to find running across steel chairs to be a negligible risk...

Carvedog: That also sounds like fun... I really need to find a boathouse near here.
Old 05-17-2011   #15
Hagerstown, Maryland
Hah, I tried earlier today to do these tricks into a none-raft, and ended up taking an 8 foot bump onto concrete.

Fair warning to anyone and everyone who wants to try this themselves: Even with a raft (which, oddly enough, is a fantastic safety device), you should NOT try to do these things yourself unless you are ready, willing, and above all else able to take a fall onto whatever surface you're doing it over.

While I hadn't mentioned it earlier, I've had about a decade of experience jumping off of things I shouldn't... So me going 8 feet on my back into concrete isn't the potentially life-changing screw-up it would be to someone who HASN'T survived 30 foot falls into the ground.

Basically, since I've gotten some messages through youtube from angry people who have tried something similar at home...

Unless you have what amounts to stunt training, don't do as the stupids do. I don't like living in a world where I have to say that to avoid lawsuits... But we do. Hah.
Old 05-17-2011   #16
Hagerstown, Maryland
Oh, so yeah. Consider that warning me re-doubling my efforts to find a used shredder until the nice man who builds them gets through his back-order.
Old 07-10-2011   #17
Hagerstown, Maryland

Just thought you guys may get a kick out of the sequel... Second shot in is the killer.

Yes, it hurt, but just a bit, and just for a while. I'm fine.

This raft USED to be my friends, but now it is mine, and it pleases me. I took it out on the water for the very first time today. I'm sunburned, and my arms are tired from paddling against the Potomac current while my buddy canoed around us in circles, shouting rowing advice to us about 5 seconds after it was applicable...

Good times, peoples. I'm a relative noob at actually using these things for their intended purpose, but I have to tell you I'm enthusiastic, and with Big Bertha here, well armed for the task.

But my arms hurt. And more sunblock next time.
Old 07-10-2011   #18
San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Is there really that little to do in Hagerstown? I think the outlet malls may be a little more excitement than that............. To and each and their own i guess.
Sport Climbing is Neither
--The Verm
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011   #19
Hagerstown, Maryland
Been to the outlets lately? Recession hit them hard. Full sections shut down, and what's left is clothing...

To say I'm not a fashionista is an understatement... Hah. So yeah, between work, Hagerstown is pretty dull.

Though hopefully more rafting will be occupying that in the future. Does anyone here, per chance, raft or boat out from the Williamsport, MD area?
Old 07-11-2011   #20
Hagerstown, Maryland
And with basketballs, for no apparent reason.

What's the best glue-type substance to use in repairs for these things, by the way?

It's not broken yet, but it's gonna happen.