Mountain Buzz banner

How many of you use Wind Power?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Geezer 
#1 ·
We have another long thread of diffrent shades of Grey calling the other Black. IF you use an Internal combustion engine you are part of the problem. Being self righteous becuse you're wee smaller part of the problem is laughable.

So how many of you of you use alternative power sources? 70% of our energy uses are wind powered in this family. We pay a bit extra but hey makes me feel less guilty when i drive my perfect kids around in my Mid Size SUV :twisted: . May not be the answer but it's a start. Any others out ther. Steve

#2 ·
Our local elec. coop offers it as an option at a premium. I am switching today.

Steve.

#3 ·
My house is powered by 'wind energy credits'. Only costs me a few extra bucks a month. A small but nonetheless important and effective change. 50 million+ people in the US on wind versus coal burning for 70 years each will cut down on a lot of greenhouse gas emissions and could negate the need for additional/future hydropower projects.

Supposedly CO's snowpack will be reduced by 30% in 50 years due to global warming induced climate change. Guess I'll have to take my kids to AK or Russia to ski. Those being born now will have to take their kids to....umm...Antarctica?

#4 ·
I pay a couple $ extra each month for juice from Xcel's wind power program.

#5 ·
My shit runs on hamster power. I have two hundred hamsters running on as many wheels. It only takes three of them to power a lightbulb. The rest run the tv, cable modem, stereo, etc. The problem arises when I try to use my washing machine.

Feeding them's a bitch, though. They stink. Don't live very long, either. I tell the pet store that I have a snake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.