Old 06-02-2005   #1
How is the Steamboat Town run at this level?

I will be there this weekend and would like to know what the skinny is, thanks. And, what kayak shops are in steamboat?

binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #2
Pretty Cherry Right Now.

Put in at the Iron Horse Hotel or Rich Weiss Slalom Course and take out at the D-Hole. There are maybe 20-30 small hole/waves then our 2 world class play features. It is raining cats and dogs right now so it may come down a bit (lower temperatures stopping the melt) or swell from flash flooding, but the level right now is awesome.

Old 06-02-2005   #3

Hey Binz,

I'm going to be in Steamboat this weekend as well - any interest in meeting up there? At these flow levels I'm a bit leary of running town by myself.
blazeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #4
sure. I'll be there running the Steamboat 1/2 marathon so I will not have a definate schedule for boating (probably Sat afternoon). I will be there with another "swimmer" that is not running and might have some more flexibility. What's you number and I will touch base with you tomorrow.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005   #5
Kayak Shops

There is Backdoor Sports right on the Yampa at the intersection of Yampa Ave and 7th st. Also there is Barry Smiths Mountain Sports kayak shop on highway 40 at the highway house. That is between the mountain town and down town. You can't miss all the boats.

They are both great shops!

Old 06-02-2005   #6
Hey Binz,

We can try to connect. Don't know if my phone will work up there, but I'll be staying at the Steamboat Campground on the West edge of town (right on the river). My number is (303) 717-1498 - give me a call and maybe we can work out a time. I'll be there Sat and Sun.

(303) 717-1498

blazeboy is offline   Reply With Quote