Old 04-18-2006   #1
Hotel Charley Invite

Hello paddling friends,

I am immensely proud to invite you to join Ben Stookesberry and myself on the journey that is No Big Names 4: Hotel Charley. This is a uniquely profound film of first descents run in Central and South America: Antioquia Colombia, Minas Gerais Brazil and Chiapas Mexico. Hotel Charley began as a two month expedition to tell the story behind the inimitability of each country visited. I think Ben describes it best when he said “this is probably the craziest part… I simply choose to revisit the two hardest and most spectacular rivers in two of the most dangerous places on earth. Placing one descent on each side of a month long expedition to still unknown canyons of interior Brazil seemed like a fitting centerpiece to the most spectacular kayaking expedition I could dream up. I am still amazed that it all came to fruition."

Please join us during our month long tour beginning April 21st with the World Premier in Hood River OR. The tour schedule can be found at:

The trailer for Hotel Charley can be found at:

Also, you can follow along with Ben and me as we tell the in depth stories of our trip also at:

We have posted the following stories so far and will continue to post more in the coming months:
Upper Buey River
Two Gringos in Colombia
Campo Belo River
Santa Domingo River

We hope to see you on the tour.

Yours truly,

Jesse Coombs

SafeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #2
Freakin' awesome! Read your account of the Santo Domingo,if you guys run stuff like that I've got some pictures of stuff we portaged on a 1st d in Belize you may be interested in,IMO video worthy falls and slides.Will you be at the Boulder show ,are you coming to Denver?

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #3
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Hotel Charlie

Denver’s Premier of No Big Names 4—Hotel Charley

April: 30th at the Bug Theater

3654 Navajo St., Denver CO 80211

Doors Open - 7:30

Cost: $9.00

Confluence Kayaks is hosting the Denver premier for No Big Names 4 – Hotel Charlie. The Bug is a cool neighborhood theater, it’s across the street from Patsy’s and off street parking is catty-corner from the door. Corner of Navajo and 36th. Just exit I-25 on 38th St., West., to Navajo Left, and one block to the Bug.

There’s nothing better than kicking back with a beer and watching kayaking on the big screen. Hope to see you there.

Call for info: 303-433-3676
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #4

Yes, we will be in Boulder May 1st. You can check for tour details.

I would love to hear about the Belize river and see the pictures! See you in Boulder.

SafeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #5
Sorrry Don somehow missed your 1st post,guess they did refer to a tour schedule was just so impressed by the story I forgot to look at it.See you there .
cayo is offline   Reply With Quote