Old 10-02-2004   #71
If the water levels are good for a first timer Sunday or Monday I would be down to go. I would love a good guide and crew. I live in Salida, my name is Phil. Any beta on the logistics would also help...hike in, poison oak, etc.

Mainer in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #72
crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
to the Dunbar Hardy crew,.....sorry to only leave one "sports beverage" for the 3 of you at the camp...some climber types must have found my stash......did you like the level the next day...1460cfs?? did you camp at the "first ferry(aka kayaker-camp)"? how about that IVY?....beautiful wasn't it??!!??..
Sick Nik,'d it go in there for the "heavy hitters"? cool to that shoulder.....

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #73
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Milo, how'd things go. I want to hear about the weekend. When the sleeping giant wakes up, is she grumpy?
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #74
crested butte, Colorado
"meow"-the sound an offline boater makes!!!

meow(she was AWAKE!)...MEOW(no swims allowed ".")... meow(X-factor) potential for hole ridin')....meooooooow(some drops filled in nicely, others got "tricky").....mmmmeow(some funky boils in crucial spots)....meoowwww(overall, a great level!).....meowpprrrpprrr(took some very hard hits to head-2, shoulder-1, but didn't loose paddle or teeth!)........MEOW(my crew was solid!)....meow(2 blood types donated during 'swHELL'portage)......pprrpprrpprrpprr(found my lost s-6 bulkhead jammy!).....MEOWMEOWMEOOOOOW(going in again late in the week or weekend if it is still going.....)meomeomeow(wanna have an "on" day next time)........mmmmmmeow(a good mental and physical challenge)........meow(creeker 138, keep in touch about next weekend!!)meowmeowmeowmeooooow(excuse our behavior at the takeout, we like to laugh and talk shit!!!!......*****ALERT****1840CFS****CHUNDERFEST ***TICKETS ON SALE NOW******HURRY UP AND GET YOURS SOON!!!!********
Old 10-05-2004   #75
Socratic Philosopher
Captain Black Jack Milo,

Good to see you got out OK, hope the beer was cold, and it wasn't too dark at the take-out. I should've stayed after this weekend. I can't believe it's at 1840 now!

We're still crackin' up about Steve's "Texas" flag and his love for Gorge W. What a hoot! You two guys are characters! Daytime soap: "Boofs of our Lives".

Thanks everything and see you later,
Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late. The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder. I'm an over forty victim of fate.
el gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #76
Mountains on the river!!!, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2002

Thanks for helping us set up a great shuttle. I'm sorry we missed meeting, but glad to here that ur head/shoulder isn't beat up too bad. Gunny deffenity had great play at that level. sad to see it going back down. perhaps we'll meet again.

ski_kayak365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #77
black canyon - thanks

milo -
thanks for the 'support' after the long portage. we wound up camping at the cave camp. had big fire, hung out in the warm night full of stars. a little sore the next morning, but we got 'er done. also want to thank nick for shuttle and snacks at the take out. he earned his karma points. truly a special and powerful place! respect it! peace.
Dunbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #78
Milo, thanks for the beer that was a nice offering. Unfortunately, try as we did, were unable to open the sacred ale. The all knowing bottle mocked us and called us sissies for portaging all the big stuff. "Only those with large cajones who have no plans of dying from old age may drink me" it said. So let it be known to all the buzzards who think their a man, a sacred ale awaits you in the depths of the mighty black if your worthy.

The heavy hitting turned tail tucking Hardy Dunbar Crew.
That shit was big!
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #79
crested butte, Colorado
to the "heavy hitters" turned.... "smart guys", the place will help you figure out who you really are......tight, twisting, beautiful drops SURROUNDED by drains, sieves, WALLS and rock-bridges....all tucked inside a nearly inescapable nature fortress...things can get real messy in a real hurry.....the place never gets boring....regardless of the number of journeys....hope you guys got some good photos in there.....*****ALERT***** to let all you BUZZARDS know......i drank a beer with my buddy last night at the Eldo...he said, he drank the "lone beer" the next day.....the same day you left it behind with the words written on it!!!!heheh hah h he h ahhah....I am suprised that you did not chew a hole in the bottom of the where partially cave-man'n-out weren't you ??!?!?!? he deserves the f@&king beer!!! he has "stepped up"(READ: has sack!!!) more than anybody I know in there...and been right behind me on at least 10 runs......we got a good laugh out of it!!!******SICKO-ALERT****** little Conner Finney, aged 17, occupation: highschool punk.... paddled, portaged and hiked the Chukar Trail all in a DAY!!!! my boys said he held his own on the big portage...only slowed down going up CHUKAR......CONGRATS to him.... that shit is 25 and older terrain....STATISTICS HAVE SHOWN THIS TO BE TRUE....My name is Milo Wynne, and i approve this message....
Old 10-07-2004   #80
Does anyone have a forecast for the phlows this weekend. Will it stay above 600 or are they going to turn it back down to 400 or so. It looks like they are waisting not time shutting the water off. Thanks, Matt

bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote

black canyon