Old 06-16-2010   #21
Is anybody starting to think that ranamafana is getting a little overly sensitive. Maybe the star playboater unwinds by being serious about his playboating. Maybe you were raining on his parade. Do we always really have to worry about being PC. How come everybody is so sensitive all the time any more. PBowman, better watch out there is probably a law suit working right now for your massively degrading remarks. WAWAWAmafana why don't you stop worrying so much about everyone ruining your good time and just have your good time, don't let others affect you so much that it gets you in a bad mood. As you said the river is a place for a lot of things while you are out there don't let others bother you so much and continue paddling for your enjoyment. There are tools in every aspect of life, hopefully I didn't just inflame my craftsmen combo wrench set, learn to file them in the appropriate place and don't let them interfere with what you have going on. Maybe from now on we can use the word "Joy" instead.

brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #22
Chunderboy:On Sean Lee’s Sexuality

So play boating is gay huh? I visited Sean Lee last week at that shitty little condo he calls home. He was talking a big game, drinkin' cheap beer, and puffin' swag herbs- no surprise there. As I as about to leave I made a startling discovery! Sean Lee-the low water steep creeker has a boyfriend- and get this, Sean shamefully introduced his fruity lover as, and I quote, "my roommate"! Needless to say no one was fooled or in the least bit surprised- anyone who knows Sean has seen the tell tail signs of repressed homosexuality- not to mention the fact that Sean was seen drinking a wine cooler at Fiddler’s at a Lilith Fair show last spring. I support Sean and what ever lifestyle he chooses- I will not judge Sean Lee just because he is different. I would ask the rest of the Colorado boating community to accept Sean for what he is- a homo who works cleaning the showers at the Broomfield Y, and fears all flows in access of 100 CFS. Tolerance is the answer, we all have the freedom to plot our own course through the turbulent waters of life, Sean we love ya bro, we accept you for who you are- congratulations and may your new relationship blossom!

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #23
Moab, Utah
that is very funny nathan - as i wrote my second post i thought about how chunderboy might chime in on something like this. i never met him but enjoyed his contributions - good to know he is not forgotten.
pbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #24
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1800
pbowman, I didn't think you meant to be rude, or offensive, I was just pointing out that could be interpreted as degrading to some folks and figured maybe you were not aware of that. No offense taken.

brokenpaddlejon, wow man, you are hostile. I guess I'm a righteous bitch for thinking that behaving in a friendly and courteous manner while in a public "playground", especially in a tiny town that one is not from, should be standard operating procedure. I'm not saying make friends with everyone, or even talk to anyone, but casting dirty looks at the local kid who's trying to be brave enough to get out there, not waiting for others to get a turn, and hogging the wave....I stand by my comments, it's bad form and does nothing to foster good feelings for boaters. But wait.....sounds like maybe you're that guy? Oh, that must be it.
ranamafana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #25
Lyons, Colorado
Drain his oil while he's on the river. He'll seize up on his way out of town and be unable to come back.
loot87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #26
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
id say loot somebody should do the same to you.. no way to treat a boater even if that boater is unstandable... you go introduce yourself and ask the lad if hed like to join a local at the pub on you.. im sure a little hometown warmth could go along way on a whitechocolatte sounding fellow..
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #27
Lyons, Colorado
It's a joke. Just like you saying everyone on the SSV this weekend was a pussy was (I hope) a joke.
loot87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #28
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
obvious is whitechocolatte a joke? understandable on the race. boatercrossing that shit would be tiring and not much passing would be going on.. looked like a lot of fun from the pov though. i now how those things can make shit look smaller.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #29
Buena Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1957
i don't think playboating is gay but...

Soccer Is Sooo Gay - Truthdig
Boat Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #30
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: '05
Anyone who can exchange the word "gay" whenever they need to express that they disapprove is a nasty, primitive redneck who surely uses other gems like ******, spick and honkey in their personal monologue. Welcome to 2010. Now on the other hand, some guys just need to be convinced of what their buddies have known for years. Just sayin.'

SimpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote