Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 11-16-2004   #11
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
You are a pretty intuitive guy. Yes, I am involved with Woody. I am a team member. I have also been using his paddles since the very first proto-type. With the input of many paddlers Woody has dialed in a great product. Nothing wrong with telling people about a great product...in my opinion. I get very enthusiastic about things that work well for me...sorry if that smells fishy to you, my friend!

Either way...it's a paddle well worth checking out!!

marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #12
Dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
And I am friends with both Wayne, the business owner and Mark, the other guy who responded to this post. This Septhember, I was on a river trip with them and I found out that Mark , who I had always known as a "paddle-breaker" made it through a season without breaking a paddle. That's when I first really started paying attention to Woody paddles. I had tried one out a few times and I thought they were great, but I thought they were over my head.

I am currently only somewhat "involved" with Woody Custom Paddles in the sense that I believe that my friend has an ultra-high-quality product and I want to see him succeed.

I may, in the future, take some Woody paddles to some Colorado play-parks as a representative of Woody Paddles... I hope you will be there to try one out and see what I'm talking about.

Someday, if the company is as successfull as I expect it to be, Wayne has already said he wants me to come work for him - because I believe so strongly in his product.

Wayne told me about all of the pro paddlers who have recently switched to Woody. Most everyone who tries one out wants one.

ZLSeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #13
Seattle, Washington
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'm getting old however, because there is no way I can afford a Woody . Maybe one day I'll stop being a kayaking bum so I can get one. Or else I should start working in a shop? For now I'm psyched to be getting a werner and not the WW rec version either! I must admit that my old werner did take many many absolute beatings and is still functional.
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004   #14
Denver, Colorado

Seriously consider trying a wider grip for those sore shoulders of yours! Whatever paddle you use you can do this. Good Luck
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #15
Yo' Mark

Congrat's on not breaking a paddle this summer. Too bad your season's over though We just got off Tallulah yesterday. Oceania was fun!!

Take care and wish Wayne success for me. Jess had one of his paddles at Gauley- good stuff.

JakeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #16
creekin' 's just begun in tha south sukas!

Like others have said try adjusting your grip and paddle a little flat water like you would be on the creek. Are you rotating your torso like you should? Personally I don't like bent shafts, mainly because I haven;t given myself a chance to get used to them. I always thought straight shafts would be stronger... maybe, maybe not. I straight shaft definatly makes a better walking stick though for those hikes in and out.
If I could afford some wood I would.

RA is offline   Reply With Quote