Old 11-19-2003   #11
PS- That picture by your name is hardcore, dude! You must huck bigger than anyone......

Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003   #12
ski/kayak bum
hey meng,
metrosexual- means that your not gay but you support gay rights, Howard Dean used it on his campaign and now every horses a** thinks that it is cool to call someone that as an insult. I don't see how any of your posts would imply anything about what you think on the issue of homosexuals. By the way alexhenes, I'm proud to be a metrosexual and most kayakers are educated enough to know that what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is nobodies business but their own whether we agree on the morality of it or not. People advocating the use of pot argue the same privacy rights along with people who want to discipline their children or keep their medical history to them selves. dude, start thinking before you talk

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003   #13
Systems & Process Design, Colorado
The definition I have for metro-sexual has nothing to do with gay rights or geography. I looked it up in google and found that "Metro-Sexual is loosely defined as a trendy, straight man who enjoys pampering himself with things such as manicures, facials and massages. A man with a keen sense of grooming and fashion"

Double-A-Ron is right... Howard Dean is being called a Metro-Sexual... so is Schwarzenegger.... two respectable guys.

Meng's concern for looking cool in his helmet and not looking like an old man just brought the term metro sexual to mind... specifically the part about having a keen sense of grooming and fashion.

Meng... it is ok to have a keen sense of fashion... no rips coming from me.

Double-A-Ron... you and I see eye to eye on gay rights.... however getting your facts straight before you talk sounds like it is in order.

By the tone of your posts it sounds like both of you guys could use a facial and a massage... relax fellas... ski season is right around the corner.... and I hear Garts is having a sale on matching skis, boots, bindings, and poles.
alexhenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003   #14

I love manicures, facials and massages!!

Ok, seriously though.... I had to say something, so thanks for clearing it up. Bickering on the net with someone you dont even know is pretty silly.... didnt mean to jump the gun or get overly defensive. I understand and relate to the temptation of using obscure and funny sounding vocabulary..... also, I have nothing against Cascade, I think they are a very functional product, just not my preference. Also, the older guys out there creekin rule, and i have nothing against Metroids. And seriously, your flesh wound picture is pretty cool.

See you at Garts.
Old 11-20-2003   #15
Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts

by far the best. head trip is manufactured by the people who used to make rock hedz and orosi. for next year, they have some new styles and sizes that provide all the coverage options one could ask for. these helmets are pressure molded vs. vacuum molded, which to sum it up, means a stronger helmet. i have run over these with my truck, banged them on many rocks, and overall abused the daylights out of them and they have been great.

if you want to check them out, the web site is up and should be finished tomorrow: or

if you have questions you can contact the company direct or myself.

(as a side note, the name rock hedz was purchased this year and the helmets with that name will not be the same next year, if you have a current or past rock hedz helmet, these are similar to the new head trip helmets.)

matt solomon
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003   #16
ski/kayak bum
Alex and Meng,
no harsh feelings, search google for what Dean meant. Because of the context and what Dean was trying to say it has morphed into a gay rights issue. but either way i heard Garts was carrying those new shaped skis, if i can get those with some super curvy poles and rear entry boats, maybe even some dayglow i'll be the coolest guy at CB this season. that level of pampering will truely make me a metrosexual. Meng, when you get back with your new Garts setup, as far as style those texans won't stand a chance.
Meng- have you heard from Shannon?

double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003   #17
Systems & Process Design, Colorado
Count me in for for that... can anybody say... matching day glow one pieces?
alexhenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003   #18
shut the hell up....i just asked a question about helmets...
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003   #19
pnw, Washington
Well, starting a post doesnt dictate where it will end up, so lighten up. There hasn't been a good thread out here in a while. Alex, I enjoyed the metro reference and I had heard the same definition. As far as helmets, the only one that I have seen with a face mask is the Cascade with the three bar grid. Seems to work for the people that use em. I have refrained from buying one but I drug my head along wallslammer in the Gorge this summer and ended up with an eye that would rival Alex's. I have considered buying one for next year but I have held back due to the fact that I don't usually do runs that would "require" a facemask. So I am not sure I am a metro, but still sad, thinking I would look like a bonehead doing easy class IV with a facemask.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003   #20
Aaron, yeah, I just got an email from Shannon the other day. Sounds like they are having a crazy time in Panama and are headed to Columbia. For those that don't know, these are the AMP boys, going to sketchy spots to find amazing whitewater for their next movie. AAron, to give you an idea of what he's up to I'll just reprint a segment from the email he sent:

"... today, in colon panama, one of the
worlds scetchiest places, ben [Stokesberry] and i go for a walk and
a guy jumps me. well, i say him coming out of the
corner of my eye, turned and faced him and started
throwing punches. it was fucking kookoo. the guy
freaked out and started begging for mercy, wisely we
then walked away. but deep down i wanted to start
kicking his teeth in and then drag his ass in front of
one of the many noisy buses here that dont stop for
anything... that would have left a mark. so anyhoo
we are here in this..........looking for a boat to take us to columbia
where im sure we will be much safer!..."

Look for a chronicle of these adventures and the rivers they find in their next film..... That is if they make it back and havent had their cameras stolen already.