Old 02-15-2012   #11
Meridian, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
Originally Posted by blind mango View Post
We have a June 21 permit for the Hells Canyon section of the snake through the 4 Rivers permit system. Have other permits/river options so trying to decide if this is a trip we should do..or not. Experienced boaters. If you've done this trip and particularly at that time of year please post comments as to quality of rapids, camping, scenery, etc. Thanks.
June on Hells Canyon varies greatly depending on the water flow level. If your interest is fishing, flows below 30K usually have better fishing. Also above 35K several rapids are washed out. I've only floated it to Pittsburgh landing, so can't tell you about anything lower than there. Great place for Sturgeon fishing, spend a night at Kirkwood for a small dose of civilization. It's my favorite river for big water.

AvonRafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #12
Was here
Southern, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1983
I'm hoping to hop on a friends permit on Aug 16th for this run. I'm letting them join us on the Lower Rogue one month prior... Good trade, but would be looking for some more advanced stuff after getting used to the new boat.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~ Will Rogers
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #13
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1998
I am putting in on May 30. looking some info because I haven't run it before. I might have room for 1-2 people with a boat. PM if interested.

tczues is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules