Old 08-13-2007   #1
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Heavy heart

Yesterday the Boise community and the paddling community as a whole lost one of the best. Conrad Fourney drowned in Nutcracker on the NF of the payette. I know some of you paddlers in CO have paddled with him and most saw his rescue of the woman in the main payette last year.

He was an amazing and quiet guy that loved to kayak and was one of the first to run V-Drive on the stikine. He was a big water legend and was unreal to watch on the NF of the payette. He was soooo smooth. I remember being honored to meet and paddle with him on his home run. We had a bunch of great days on the NF last year, including some 5g + runs.

I remember all his buddies asking for his autographs jokingly and not, after he was invited to be on goodmorning america after he saved the womans life (he declined as it was just something that kayakers do). It was all over the news. He was up there to cut a x mas tree with his son and girlfriend when the rescue crew realized they couldn't get to her. He was having breakfast in Banks and grabed a wetsuit, helmet and inflatable kayak next door and went and got it done. She was trapped for over an hour before he got to her in minutes.

My condolences to his Family and all his paddling buddies.

It is so sad the NF has lost another that loved her so much. Last year Damon and yesterday another great.

RIP my brotha
Gary Edgeworth

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #2
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
See smokeys post
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote