Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-17-2009   #1
Kremmling, Colorado
Heads up Upper C boaters! Colorado River Cleanup, 9/26

Saturday, September 26th, is National Public Lands Day! The BLM in Kremmling needs volunteers with specialized skills for the Colorado River Cleanup. We need duckies, kayaks, and rafts to help clean the Colorado River between Pumphouse and State Bridge. We will clean out stone fire rings and pick up garbage, old tires and other debris in and along the river. The kayaks and duckies maneuver on the shoreline, putting their findings into the larger rafts to be carried down the river. All volunteers must have their own personal protection equipment (helmets and PFDs). Participants under 18 years old will need have a consent form signed by a parent. See the information below for details regarding registration, transportation and the barbecue after the event!

For more information, see the web site: blm.gov/co/kfo and click on the "National Public Lands Day Events" link.

andyatBLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #2
Edwards, Colorado
It looks like I can make that date. That's my backyard run and I've been down it all summer long. I'm good to pitch in to help with some clean-up. I'll run a raft and carry out trash. I'll come from the Hwy 131 side so I won't start/finish at Sol Vista with you.

SBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #3
Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
My Wife and I can make it, I will kayak and she will ducky. Do we need to sign up or anything? Anyone up for a Lower Blue run Sunday? We’ll be coming up from Grand Junction, anyone else camping?
Rschap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #4
I'm a sucker for river cleanups, and this is section of river I have never done (because my paddling buddies and I hate wasting gasoline, we usually keep it local). Helping in a neat event like should be just the incentive I need.Will go to your website and register later next week if my schedule works out.
JulieAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote

colorado river