Green Truss (White Salmon) Update
We were one of two crews of four in the Truss yesterday, and the wood situation has changed from September, which isn't a surprise. What follows below is a recap of today, but because of the hundreds of logs perched on the sidelines, the next bump of water is likely to change everything.
- Clean to the Boulder Garden visible from the highway, which was a log dam guarding the exit. One member of our crew tried the sneak under the left, only to get rolled, then roll up into a log that was pointed downstream. The rest of us took the moderate walk on the left.
- The inner sanctum of Meatball, Bob's, Little Bob's, S-turn, Big Brother, Little Brother, Double Drop and Karen's were clean. I think there was one log crossing the river somewhere between the squirrely spot, Cheesegrater and the mile above UZZ. I don't remember its exact location, but it was easy.
- There is an angled log between the Brothers. It is a non event if you are walking the big guy, and if you run big you will likely be fine as it is most of the way left.
- Upper Zigzag was clean, though the 2nd wave thing is now more of a hole thing.
- Lower Zigzag was clean until it ended in the death dam at the exit. There were also a couple of logs lurking below water at the picket fence chain of rocks near the exit.
- First 2-3 drops of Orletta were clean
- The Sticky Ledge has a log crossing the river that is a few inches below the surface. We were able to just go over it and run the normal right line at Sticky. This will likely be subject to change.
- The huge logjam on the Orletta is gone
- There were another 2-3 simple log portages above BZ Falls
- BZ itself was clean, though there was a limbo semi in play about 70' downstream. Our noble probe was able to dash away before the forced roll on the left to daylight on the right.
I'm hoping the beavers get hungry, because it was a sweet day otherwise!