Old 10-22-2008   #1
Great Squirt Boating Video

Since my boating has recently turned into watching other people on the internet, i figured I would pass this along. Makes me want to buy a squirt boat.

Oregon Field Guide — Squirt Boats Oregon Public Broadcasting

BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #2
FoCo,NoCo, Colorado

Captures the squirt boat thing pretty well.
The unflashy flash of underwater boating.

sarahkonamojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #3
Weyers Cave, Virginia
Paddling Since: 2001
Send a message via AIM to Slunk
I dig the whole squirt boat thing; but whats the point? "ooh I can goez underz thez waterz! tillz Iz getz couahgtz inz tehz hydraulicz and diez"
Slunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008   #4
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
I dig the whole squirt boat thing; but whats the point? "ooh I can goez underz thez waterz! tillz Iz getz couahgtz inz tehz hydraulicz and diez"
You aren't allowed to say that until you have tried it, honestly. Its a very cool feeling having your entire boat sucked down under the water. Anyways, you could say that about anything to do with kayaking. "oooh, surfing a wave.....ooooh, dodging a rock and throwing yourself over a 30 foot waterfall.....etc."

Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008   #5
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
JEEZ slunk, you are one dumbass motherfucker. if i were you id kick my own ass.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008   #6
san clemente, California
Check out this vid:
Squirt boating at Fascination Alley

Gettin' down with squirtboaters on the Cheat River, West Virginia.

canoe_kayakangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008   #7
little rock, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1978
The Oregon video is a quality piece of work. It defines the underwater world very well.
Their is an excellent spot very near the same level here in Arkansas. It's at Rockport, on the Ouachita River. Park and play all day as long if their is a release from Remmal Dam. Twenty second plus potential for those in the smallest boats. I would post a vid but the gf's shakey hands during taping would give a normal man motion sickness! Ha ha
This is at a river wide rock outcrop which also forms several good playspots for the surface boaters. A Youtube search "Ledge Control" will net a few moments of play at Tiger Jaw on far river right. related vids should link to a few more Rockport vids.
Spin hole, located just river left of an enormous rock in the river allows for hand 360's at most any level.
Suck hole, just left of center of the river is just what it's namesake suggests. If you enter this little pourover, you will soon realize why it's so aptly named. It it a rather vicious blast spot for those not intimidated by its behavior.
Mr. Frothy, just another forty feet over to the left is without a doubt the most popular rodeo play hydrolic for some friendly surface play.
And the fun doesn't stop there. This is the only summertime park and play of such magnitude anywhere in this region. It draws paddlers from St. Liois to Fort worth. And is becoming a sumertime destination for many in Tennessee and Oklahoma as well.
The - Home is working with the city of Malvern in designing a world class whitwater park and development of a rodeo specific hole which can be played whether the water is on or at the minimum of 270cfs. It will be roughly a quarter mile downstream of the natural ledge which is known as Rockport.
This rather small city is growing rapidly, and all aminities can be had within just a moments drive.
Hot Springs is twenty minutes from here and has been a most popular travel destination for many around the country. Their are several active quartz mines here which allow you to mine your own for a small day fee.
Just thought I'd share over my morning bowl of weedezz.

"Ten Thousand RPMs One Mile An Hour"
turboturtle is offline   Reply With Quote