Old 03-02-2012   #11
irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
The semantics are fine
Oarsman ......good
Someone with experience oaring the Grand Canyon......bad
I'm more concerned about the "costumes required" part.
Hahahah! You win. I figured you'd rise to the occasion! Thought I'd throw in some controversial 'oarsman vs oarswoman vs oarsperson vs rowers' bait--but you stuck to your guns...

wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #12
Originally Posted by Avatard
Next time can you give me more time to ask off and prepare ... Like .... Say a year?
A year!? What are you doing since you don't drain your cooler!!??

mkashzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #13
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by mkashzg View Post
A year!? What are you doing since you don't drain your cooler!!??

OK I just have to put this to rest. Some of you "cooler drainers" (and you know who you are) keep taking potshots at me.

OK. Look. I know when you get up every morning on the river to drain your cooler at the optimum time of 5:07am think you got it all figured out.

But I sleep in until 7am, have my tent and gear all broken down at 7:15am, groove until 7:35 (I have problems on the river), and then finish tearing down breakfast at 8am.

You on the other hand are busy sitting on a rock wondering how many more hours you are going to get from your block of ice and whether you should have bought the clear ice, not the store ice, or added more dry ice, etc.

Meanwhile my ice is packed in its thick walled cooler, surrounded by a nice 32F bath of ice water in its nice jugs surrounded by the 32 degree air in my cooler. Its begging me to make a batch of Ice cold jungle juice. But i resist.

So FWIW, I'm not really losing any sleep over the fact that either your ice lasts 5 hours longer than my ice, or trumpeting the fact that my ice may outlast your ice, or what have you.

I'm thinking ... now where in this pile of shit did I put the everclear to make my jungle juice?
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #14
Canon City, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Willie, doesn't your avatar say, "Wasted Ancient Oarsmen"?

climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote