Old 04-08-2011   #21
Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
Randaddys post reminded me of the one negative,but small,complaint about Bradys gear....the straps. Mine too sucked. I hate it when the end of the strap is soo frayed that it won't go through the buckle. Drives me crazy. Luckily we didn't really have to do much tying down everyday. No complaints about anything else though,the boat(18ft maravia) and everything else was in great shape,and I literally didn't have to put any (additional)air in it except for at Lee's ferry. I would def use Moe again b/c he went out of his way for me.....Although I own my own 18ft avon superpro now and don't need a rental. Fix your shitty straps,brady!!

Can't comment on his food,we did that on our own. And used Ceiba for storage and shuttle.

BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #22
InaRV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 12BC
We used PRO this past fall. Apparently they were having some sort of staff meeting when we arrived. They acted pissed that we were even there! They were literally unpersonable the whole time. Because they were rushing us, they forgot some of our equipment. We didnt notice until we were on the river. They did give us a refund, but WTF? Seems like this old, historic company has lost focus on the simpliest of things. Never with PRO again.

bonzola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #23
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 02
Brady at Moe.
jrinjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #24
Brady at Moenkopi will get all my future business and my recommendations to friends. I've been down with REO junk, and then with Moenkopi, and will always choose the excellent customer service and equipment at Moenkopi.
EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #25
Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
I should've just prefaced my original review w/ Moe by saying that I was originally booked with PRO. And since we were doing our own food,I physically needed the cooler (from the rental) to pack and freeze. But apparently shipping it to me was out of the question. She didn't even give me a reason.

I emailed brady,he said 'no problem.' Canceled with PRO. Lived happily ever after.
BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #26
White Mountains, Arizona
Paddling Since: '88
I've used Moenkopi many times and they're great as long as you call ahead several months to be sure you lock it in. Brady has lots of beta too for the canyon and southwest rivers. On shorter notice I've used PRO and they're also good.
Just be sure to check everything before you head out.
"Good relations with the Wookies, I have." - Yoda
EZDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011   #27
gypsy, Colorado
Paddling Since: 02
I have used Ceiba twice, the last time I asked a lot from them, I set up most of the trip from Costa Rica and we used a ton of our own coolers and rocket boxes, they were more then willing to help out. The next trip I go on will definitely be through Ceiba again.
BAER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011   #28
dover, New Hampshire
Paddling Since: 1996
Everyone on our trip couldn't say enough good things about Ceiba. They were all more than accomodating to our needs. We rented tons of gear, 2 boats and food. The gear was bomber and the food exceded our expectations. Huge streaks, chops and fillets from local butcher and organic veggies and coffee.
surfnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #29
rented from PRO several times in past 10 yrs, never had any problems, great gear.

the first time, we were already booked with REO. showed up to the yard to get our boat was not ready. paid in advance, booked months in advance, yard was a mess, no boat available, gear was beaten up and leaky, couldn't give us a boat until late in the afternoon before our launch day. Left the yard, drove over to PRO, who found us a great 18' and excellent gear on zero notice. Zero complaints.

alex is offline   Reply With Quote