Mountain Buzz banner

Grand Canyon of the stikine - crazy season

6K views 15 replies 16 participants last post by  SpeyCatr 
#1 ·
Every year in the fall as river levels dip to their lowest point, all eyes are on the Stikine river in norther BC.

The Stikine is seen as the pinnacle of whitewater, and in recent years more and more paddlers have made the pilgrimage to explore its hidden treasures.

Film includes 2 runs of the Badass Site Zed rapids by Aniol Serrasolses and Galen Volckhausen!
(HUGE props to Aniol and Gerd for firing it up again in 2014 at 450cumecs!!!)

In this film i do my best to show in the truest form our experience from 2 runs down the river for the 2013 season.

After all.... we all know a good river trip is not just about the whitewater, but the special places and people along the way.

sit back and immerse yourself in the Stikine river with some of the coolest cats on the whitewater scene today.

https://vimeo.com/103601991

would love to know your thoughts!
Adrian

See less See more
#9 ·
This video shows Kayak skills and personal courage at the highest level.

Looking at your buddies getting hammered while you film, then jumping into the gnar yourself takes a lot of inner confidence. (assuming the camera operators did not go first ) !!!!

Awesome filming and video editing.

I will never get to see that run in person, thanks so much for making this video available to the entire boating community.

#13 ·
:shock:

Anion & Galen, and anyone else who's run that rapid (Ben Marr, who else?) is fucking stud. Damn. That is a terrifying staircase of water and they look awesome doing it. Aniol may be the one that takes Steve Fishers "loosest guy in a kayak ever" title from him.

What an incredible environment. So much water and so much raw rock. It's like seeing footage from the Himalaya.

Great video. Thanks so much for putting it together and sharing it with us!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.