Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-22-2007   #11
I can't see what happened upstream, but I am with de. When you see his ride in slo mo, once in the hole, he means to do everything he does. Except for when he throws the two tricks, he's upright and in control the whole time. Also, he has the feel and presence to know when the other dude exits the hole and his first trick coincides almost perfectly with that moment. The only thing he probably didn't mean to do was go into the hole in the first place. That was pretty cool to see.

lagoonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #12
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Definitely in control, that guy is amazing!
When you give him shiz for not being on Lake Creek or Yule every day you have to remember that he:

a) has a family, which obviously comes first for him.

b) is not a rock and ready 25 year old but a father whose job is boating

c) is the founder of Jackson Kayak, his mainstay. Competing is fun, and he is an ambassador for the sport through competitions and otherwise, but his focus is on building quality and innovative products for the kayaking world.

He's not out to discover new hero lines and get his mug in the next "mag." He's out to further the sport and keep the stoke going while providing for his family with his passion...something we should all be so lucky to get to do.

And, on another note, and I don't mean to get into a W. vs. E. issue, but you have to admit that the ratio of creeks to play rivers is much higher here in CO and much lower in the south east.

I was just reading an article about a kid who moved to the NW from the SE to boat and realized that while there's plenty of water there aren't near as many playspots...so, he took up creeking!

climbhoser is offline   Reply With Quote