Mountain Buzz banner

Gore Race Safety Q & A....

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  matts 
#1 ·
I am standing in for Charlie Ebel this year in the safety region of the Gore Race. I need as many folks as I can get to help us out! Ideally, a couple of rafts, lots of kayakers, and shore support would be key. For all rapids except river left at Kiurschbaum's, you will need to be able to paddle yourself down.

In addition to the usual swag, Keen footwear has been kind enough to provide their new river bootiy for all folks working on the Safety Crew. The catch is that in order for you to get some (booties), I need to have a definite answer prior to August 4th (next week).

If you have any questions, please contact me via: matts@mountainbuzz.com.

Thanks for your help!

matt solomon

#2 ·
If you are planning on racing please consider shanghai-ing a few of your Bros or Sis' to run safety. Believe me, when you are sucking air above Tunnel and the long boat you borrowed is drifting left, you are going to want someone you trust hanging in pool below.

In years past we've been fortunate to have some very competent individuals volunteer to provide safety coverage. These folks have ensured that despite a fairly large number of beat downs, there has never been a serious injury in the race. If you can help out, please let Matt know ASAP. I know its kind of a hassle to commit three weeks out, but it really reduces the stress levels for the safety coordinator when the line up is set prior to Friday night....Thanks

Charlie

#3 ·
Safety Boaters

I heard from Matt this morning and it sounds like a few of you have already stepped up to the plate - so thank you!

There is still a need for more volunteers for the saftey crew so be sure to get in touch with Matt as soon as you can. It's a large undertaking and I'm sure he'd appreciate putting this one to bed early, like he does all his dates. :twisted:

Best seats in the house and free beer....sounds like a good day on the river to me.

Mark

#4 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am placing the Keen order on thursday, so if you haven't signed up for safety yet, please try to get in touch with me today or tomorrow.

If you are unsure, that's OK; I will try to order a few extra pair for latecomers, but it is always nice to know sooner than late.

This is going to be a fun race this year, so for those that don't run safety and aren't racing, think about coming up for a good show.

matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.