Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 03-05-2012   #71
Ashville North Carolina, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
We kayaked Gore today. It was lots of fun. There are three major ice dams/bridges blocking our recreational route. Could you please release a couple hundred cfs down the canyon so we could recreate without damaging the shoreline.

~Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #72
GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
All for it

I'm all for it if you are required to paddle Gore before playing in the new feature. Otherwise I'd rather see fisherman there instead of a bunch of park and play hipsters.

BoilermakerU: I agree with your minimal necessary suggestion. But I can't help myself to think, who is this tool who has written 8 posts about "what's in it for me"? I believe there are 3 boat ramps there now. Do we really need another?

On a serious note, what about a feature farther downstream? Why not make it at Yarmony or somewhere farther down? State bridge?

Mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #73
Copper Mountain, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
As a kayaker, I would personally love these features to be designed for "kayakers," but also understand that the SUP community is big and getting bigger. I think it would be a wise decision for one of these features to be designed in a way that appeals to the SUP community. I don't do it for one, but I think there would be a significant backing from these people.
Cphilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #74
Ashville North Carolina, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
This play feature would be better with more water. Tunnel Falls in Gore canyon 3/5/2012. It was about 45F and sunny.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tunnel falls.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	4388  
~Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #75
Brian, you are crazy. Actually, I wish I had just a tiny fraction of your motivation. And BTW, there appears to be plenty of water at tunnel - most of it happens to be frozen.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #76
bum, Colorado

Just talked to Caroline at length on the phone today. I'm in support of this project and would like to add to it someday. I live in Hot Sulphur and would love to see a play park in town, as well as more acces to rivers througout the county...ie. the fraser. That being said, I'll play in the park on the upper any day

ntibbs is offline   Reply With Quote