Old 08-21-2005   #1
Gore Canyon Race

The Gore Canyon Race was off the hook! Feeling a little bumped and bruised, my body and ego. I am sure we will make it on the carnage section of the video. Hope to see a lot of photos on Mountain Buzz. Thanks to the organizers. Looks as though it went off smoothly. With exception for the Shredder that got flushed in toilet bowl right in front of us. I do'nt know you could do cartwheels in a Shredder.

foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #2
I just want to say thanks for all the support we tubers recieved at the Gore Race. Mark was a huge help by setting up a class for us. Creature craft guys...we couldn't have done it without you. They helped us with our practice run last week and provided us with numerous pointers and open minds. And to everyone who came up to us afterwards and had something nice to say. Just thanks, it was a welcome change from the bashing here on the buzz.

And just for those wondering, we cleaned Gore and aced Tunnel, wait for the footage, it rocks.

Tube1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #3
Much respect!!!!!!!!!!!!
clevedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005   #4
Po' Student
Send a message via ICQ to Txoof
Cheers to everybody that hiked in and enjoyed the race. It was an absolute pleasure to see everybody at the ferry below Toilet Bowl. Sam and I had a great time giving you folks a lift. The beer, margs and general good cheer were payment enough for the job.
I was trying to figure out how many times I made the trip back and forth across the river and I'm guessing around 8-15 loads of people and dogs took advantage of the service. Hopefuly we'll be there next year to offer up our services once again.
I can't tell you all how fun it was to see almost everybody at Gore fest either on the river or at the ferry. I had a blast stumbling around at the party and running into the people that we ferried over.
Cheers to the Creature Craft people too! I can say that watching you get chundered over and over and over and over again in Ginger was spectacularly amusing. I'm glad you guys have a blast in your crafts, they give us a special kind of carnage to enjoy
I was working on a flat tax proposal and I accidentally proved there's no god.
-Homer Simpson

Txoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #5
oh yeah
all 'yall tubers may have "cleaned" tunnel and gore, but how was toilet bowl? rumor has it the river boarder schooled ya.
danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #6
I'll be honest, toilet was not the cleanest. I landed but turned around too quickly, flipped once and was pushed clean. My buddy had a couple spins in the old wash-n-tumble and was flushed with his tube. Don't get me wrong, our run wasn't perfect, it was just alot of fun.

I'm looking for people to run with late season (now)? If anyone is down let me know.
Tube1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005   #7
oh yeah
"not the cleanest"? 'yall got trounced and only flushed once you both bailed on your tubes! i liked the switch boof attempt of yours which had the same results as your buddy that simply floundered into the hole. good shiat bra!

danger is offline   Reply With Quote