Old 07-22-2007   #11
Indian Hills
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
And honestly, shuttles not as nice last year? I'll take my chances...

Nice as in they hauled me, the crew and our raft to the put in for free.

miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007   #12
I kayak DH.
Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
I know you're expressing your opinion and your experience Miker, so don't consider this an attack or rebuttal to your post.

Maybe it's just that I'm a peace loving guy, but I don't think there is or needs to be any bitter feelings between boaters and BLM folks, even though I know the race has raised some conflicts in the past. I think most BLM people are largely just out there trying to protect the beautiful land they love, and honestly that's not any different than the attitude of almost all us boaters. I think the conflicts just largely stem from misunderstandings and stupid human emotions and aggressions, which could all be solved by using more of that dick cream that caspermike is always talking about.

Seriously though, I plan on being out at Gore that weekend and I hope we can (and I don't see any reason we can't), work things out such that it's a good time for all.

Does anyone know from years past, when the race was informal and unofficial what was done to keep things in order or what land use issues need to be addressed, if any?
yeah, those cocksuckers are a great bunch of guys...
they really proved it year before last. It seems to be the other way around than what you'd think, when we talked to the higherups about the harassment, they changed things considerably the next year.

I can't wait to see how polite they are this year now that we don't have a permit.

Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote