Old 07-14-2006   #1
Gore at 1850 at 9 am tomorrow

The BLM is releasing 1250 out of Green mountain from 7 pm to 7am this weekend. They have done it the past two nights and it brings Gore up to 1850. Just wanted to alert all boaters.

EC boaters in the house! Beer bongs at the bottom of Gore. Will the RC boaters show?

420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006   #2
Loveland, Colorado

Sorry--I must post a clarification here. Two, actually:

The first one is, most likely we will NOT be releasing the nightly 1250 cfs through the weekend. In my post yesterday ("Lower Blue"), I said I'd let you all know today if the 1250 cfs releases would continue through the weekend or not. Right now, it's looking like they will not.

Apparently, Denver Water has bumped up diversions from Dillon through the Roberts Tunnel to about 550 cfs (we can blame the projected "ten days of 90+ degree heat" for this). That cuts inflows to Green Mountain back quite a bit. With lower inflows, we don't have to worry about the divers working near the dam. So, we don't have to scale back releases for them during the day. As more info comes available on this, I'll keep you guys posted.

The second clarification is that the Bureau of Reclamation owns and operates Green Mountain Reservoir. We're often confused with BLM because of that whole "Bureau" thing and the fact that we're both under the Interior Department. But, we do water; they do land.

Okay, more soon!

Kara Lamb
Public Information
Eastern Colorado Office
Bureau of Reclamation
(970) 962-4326
klamb is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules