Old 12-12-2005   #11
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Newby, what is funny is that I was walking the dog today, and was thinking about how much easier life would be if the little field behind my porch and the Eagle River weren't a nature preserve with no access for the Spring months. I have to drive 1/4 mile to the put in for the lower Eagle (or take out for the Upper Eagle) from March-July, what a bunch of B.S.! Geese are sky rats anyways, who need 'em? Maybe Bush will let me build a boat ramp in the "wetlands" out back (which really is just field of goose shit in the spring and dog shit the rest of the year, I mean come on!).

WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #12
Focus on your own damn family, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
If you have kids the only District to live in is Cheyenne Mountain(D-12). We also have the best access to mountain biking. I NEVER put my bike in a car to do a ride.
There are two kinds of people in the springs, those who live west of the Freeway and those who don't.
Plus D-12 puts me 1 1/2 hours to BV.
Paddle on.

cbrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #13
wyoming is as close as i would want to live to condo springs
bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #14
I live NE of the Springs in Falcon. Yes, it is farther from the river than the west side, but there is still room to breath out here. I can make it to the middle of town in less than 30 minutes. Most people on the west side that I work with drive 40 minutes to go half the distance due to the mess on I25.

I agree D12 is the best per all reports, but good luck finding anything affordable. If you got kids check out the school stats.

Black Forest is nice-- it at least has trees. Good luck in your endevors and hope to see you at the PPWC pool sesions or on the river.
jj_luv2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #15
pnw, Washington
I agree with you JJ. If you arent flush with cash then out east is ok. You dont have to be a member of FOTF to live east of I25.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #16
Focus on your own damn family, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
Obviously D-12 is a bit more expensive than most of the Springs. Compared to Denver, however, it is quite affordable. I certainly understand that some people like more space, which you can get in both Falcon and Black Forest. I also know someone that has been treated very well by the Widefield District.
We had some pretty clear personal reasons for choosing D-12. GH I'll tell you at the rolling sesions.

the NUMBER ONE reason of course is I'm only a mile from the rolling sessions in the winter

Good news, the snow is piling up!!!!
cbrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #17
pnw, Washington
CB, I was just giving you a hard time after your bold, east of I25 statement.
Old 12-21-2005   #18
the fort, Colorado
thats where we are looking, probably east of I-25
prozoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005   #19
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
east or west of I25..whatever. You still have 2hrs to drive to hit the slopes and an hour plus to boat anything decent and that's pretty weak. I like the name "Condo Springs"...that's funny and I'm going to steal it. "Minimall Springs" would be more accurate, but not as catchy. Or maybe "Ecclisiastic Springs".
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005   #20
pnw, Washington
Or maybe "Ecclisiastic Springs".
Thats funny. Hey its a quirky town no doubt but you will survive it. Its predominately a 'right' city but its not a least not yet.