Old 08-30-2007   #21
i hate you todd. why did you have to start posting pictures? dick.

Seriously Dude!
Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #22
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Originally Posted by COUNT View Post
Everyone knows the Cali guide is worthless because there aren't any pictures. Remember, most paddlers don't know how to read (especially those home-schooled southeast inbreds). Them NW prep boys just pay someone to read to them as they sip their double macchiato chai's and the Calibrahs are just too stoned all the time to care. They just look at the pictures and go if it looks fun.

So is what you're saying, Count, that while I learned to boat in Colorado, and I mainly boat in Colorado, I'm really a California boater?
Shoe fits. Guess I better wear it. Plus I'm a native to there anyway.

"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #23
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffy
Originally Posted by jmack View Post
Alright, I usually stay quiet on these not-planning-to-go-kayaking threads, but its time that someone pointed out that the CO kayaking season IS NOT 3 MONTHS LONG. I paddled until November last year and started again in March. Show of hands- who didn't have fun at Gore last weekend?...

That's what I thought.

The season here is 8 months if you want it to be and the skiing is pretty kick-ass the rest of the time. I know the PNW kicks ass but the season here is pretty good too if you are willing to make a little effort. Paddling in the snow is actually kinda fun. Quit your bitchin people- the season is not over.
Hell yes.
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #24
Phoenix, Arizona
OK I was just trying to be nice before but...

Colorado: CO guys are calling the range life lazy? EH? Isn't Evan S part of that crew? Where is Evan located (I got the impression it was CO). I can't remember the last time I did a run in CO where we put on before noon. CO boaters are the laziest boaters I've seen hands down.

California: OMG SCOTT STOP TALKING! How many people know what SL looks like? HOW MANY PEOPLE KNOW WHAT HE SOUNDS LIKE? WTF? - "Does he still kayak?" No, he's gone from narrating his kayaking to narrating shit talking on LVM.

(Anyone seen Aerated? What do you remember? Massive slide... why? NO TALKING! JUST KAYAKING)

North Carolina: North Carolina has AWESOME women, sweet runs, but their downfall: LVM. LVM sucks, didn't you see the stickers?

Arizona is the shit! Meet an Arizona paddler when they just learn to roll and when you see them a year later they're paddling class V. We love kayaking and we'll travel far and wide to feed our passion. Plus our short season produces some of the best kayaking through granite and wilderness ever.
HuckinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #25
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Colorado is mostly a bunch of lazy ass fair weather boaters who bitch about the water temperature when its under 60 degrees and claim its downright crazy to paddle in a May rainstorm with the water rising. Thats one of the reasons they can't get their asses on the river before noon because they have to wait for it to warm up, the dew to dry off of their gear and day's peak flow to start ebbing before they can manage a run of the numbers. The reason for this is because most of the Colorado river rat crowd is transplanted from lame states like the East, Midwest, Texas or that Southern Cali pit of hell LA, instead of Colorado natives like myself. You can tell a native because he'll be boating Clear Creek in a snowstorm with a shorty top on and sweating cause its so damn hot . I don't think many of these transplants could hack it in the PNW. I don't think the temp out there ever gets above 45. The only ones worse than Colorado boaters for fair-weather lameness are Southeast paddlers. Any less than 80 degrees and they bust out their drysuits.

Colorado fair-weather paddler's only redemption is at least when they finally do make it on the river, no one else is as good at tearing up wood infested low volume sharp rocky super mank. In the PNW, any run with less than, well like 2000 cfs, and they just don't mess with it.
benpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #26
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
learning to roll and running class 5 a year later? what's this bullshit spewing from your mouth, you can have your bath tubs and foamies to yourself, wyoming gots the goods so good they are actually to good for tao himself!
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #27
Phoenix, Arizona
what's a foamie?

i don't think there is a single arizona paddler who even know's how to make a foamie, and most wouldn't even know what they were if not for Adidas videos.
Old 08-31-2007   #28
Cody, Wyoming

Wyoming First D's.........
COLDFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007   #29
Phoenix, Arizona

Arizona FIRST D! oh wait i forgot the 'S' "1st D's" as in plural, more than one

Old 08-31-2007   #30
saratoga, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1980
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
wyoming gots the goods so good they are actually to good for tao himself!
That's right ya'll WY gots the goods. Stay off my wave Tao!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0194.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	216  

rmpeddie is offline   Reply With Quote