Old 04-06-2009   #11
Thanks to everybody who is putting effort towards improving the park! I will do my part.

At bleacher hole there is a submerged rock hiding there that my head has found twice. I hope they can pull that thing out.

etnguppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009   #12
skinny kid
boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 92
Send a message via Skype™ to shaneatrep
First, thanks to Chris for all of the behind the scenes work getting the City to delegate some funds to the park. It is guys like him that get WW parks built and maintained. Follow his lead and show up at those City Council meetings to promote your local park.

REP has been contracted to provide maintenance on the park. The maintenance is directed towards dredging, restoration, and rehabilitation of the existing structures. In addition, REP is adding some access points for boaters with disabilities.

We have paid particular attention to the bleacher hole to rehabilitate and restore it's original function and remove rocks such as the one that etnguppys is meeting with his head. We also did some specific work on the structure above the bleacher hole to help it function better.

Once the water comes up, get out there, play, and then go to the City Council and tell them what you want to see with the next round of improvements!

shaneatrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009   #13
Golden, CO
Paddling Since: 1856
Fisherpeople vs Kayakers

Who has priority to use this play park anyway? Yesterday I witnessed a fisherman screaming at some kayaker for surfing the library wave. It got real ugly and I believe the police eventually got involved. Does the city of Golden have any rules set up or is it every man for himself.
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009   #14
Here are the employees in Golden, that would love to hear the appreciation of the work they are doing to the Whitewater Park. Since some of the boaters can not make it to a City Council Meeting, you can email these guys and thank them for the work that is being done.

There will be 3 concrete ramps to the river on the upper course (this will also make it handicap friendly) they will finish this up than move down stream to clean up some of the bottom drops. It looks like the major changes to the bottom two drops(bingo and the drop above it) will not occur until next year, and they are not changing the library hole at all.

Please email and let them know you appreciate the work. Rod Tarullo Parks and Rec Director Mike Bester City Manager Jacob Smith Mayer

mp is offline   Reply With Quote