Old 06-10-2004   #1

Thanks to all that came out for the events, it was a blast. Please, if you have any hints, comments, and/or interest in helping reply or e-mail me.

Women's Overall Results

Tracy B. 1
Kathy 2
Danielle V. 3
Julie Fuller 4
Monica 5
Tina S. 5
Rebecca 5
Erin O 6
Claire 7
Susan 8

Men's Overall Results

Brook A. 1
James C. 2
Preston S. 3
Adam C. 4
Sam 5
Mark S. 6
Jon S. 7
Mark C. 8
Ken G. 9
Josh H 10
Brian H. 11
Crispy 12
Eric B. 13
Cassidy A. 14
Phill 15
Kyle M. 16
Tom S. 16
Eric H. 17
Mark T 18
Mike Par. 19
Terry 20
Dane S. 20
Britton E. 20
Joe Kay 21
George B. 21
Evan 22
Mathew 22
Cameron 22
Orion K. 23
Mark M. 24
Brad G. 24

C-1 Overall Results

Gary M 1
Jon S. 2

Gary Mullins

c-1 productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #2
This is as good as I have ever seen the series; thanks for stepping up this year. The trophies were incredible. Come back again next summer; we’re too stupid to run this event without you… and bring Danielle back with you…. CS

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
---- Yoda
spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #3
Hey Gary,

I totally agree that you and Danielle did a great job of putting the series together and hope you are both back here for it next spring. That said; let me know what Adam and I can do to help out with getting things going for the next bout.

Thanks for all the fun!

James Casanova
Archiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #4
Thanks for the encouraging words! I think one of the best things about kayaking is the incredible community that we all belong to...that said, I know that Gary and I wanted to make this a "community" event - which I think we've done - lots of local community sponsorship and lots of help and interaction with the kayaking community. We wanted this to be as grassroots as possible, to ensure that any boater, at any level, would feel comfortable participating. Again, I think we did that! Rodeo should be for everyone, not just the pros (but thanks to them we get to see the really sweet moves!) - I like to call it "Roots Rodeo" - to reflect the grassroots theme of it.

The success of these events (grassroots events) depends on how well the community works together (because some of you know that in my alter life, I am a Social Network Analyst, you can tell that my geeky side is surfacing!). I think that we have a unique community in the area and that we all do a great job supporting, encouraging, and pushing each other.

My point: if you want to be involved, in any way, running the event, fundraising, advertising, whatever it is, step up to the plate - here and elsewhere in your life - there are thousands of organizations all over the state hoping that people will join, get involved, volunteer. I did this event because it is a way to give back to my community. I hope everyone will do the same. The strength of our communities relies on people getting involved. Next summer's GCRs should be great - seems like a lot of people want to be a part of this!

I was just bummed that I had to miss the last one, but I'm exploring DC area boating and excited! (first time ever to the Yough tomorrow!).

danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #5
Hey Dannielle, how the heck are you? You sure are missed out here.

You should have seen what happened at the awards ceremony last Wed at Woody's. Gary recognized a few folks for their time and contributions to make the GCR's happen this summer. There were a few claps within the boater community for these people, but then Gary mentioned your name, and before he could finish his tear jerking speech for you, the room errupted into a standing ovation. Then the entire restaurant started clapping and raising their drinks to you. It then turned into a chant...DANNIELLE...DANNIELLE...and so on. Soon, everyone in Woody's poored into the streets of Golden where the chanting continued, DANIELLE...DANNIELLE! Next thing I know, the Police showed up, but not to break things up! They came to close the street, and before I could blink, a full blown parade for you had evolved in the streets of Golden. There were cheerleaders, dancing midgets, floats(one imitating your boat), fire trucks, and Billy Ray Cirus. It was the first spontanious parade I have ever been a part of....all in your name. WOW! I just kept saying, "I know her!" What a night. The party finally ended around 4 in the morning after Gary kept streaking the crowd. One spectator said, "Man, this is a good party and parade, but that guy running around naked is just plain gross. I'm outa here!" Many folks agreed with this man, so everyone left and it ended. Can you believe it, the same guy who spontaniously started a party for you, spontaniously ended it too.

Have a great time in DC. Hope to hear from you soon. And thanks for all the hard work you did for the boaters out here.

howlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #6
oh and by the way, you spell your name wrong. It is with two n's.....Silly girl.
howlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #7
holwell - you are very kind...but you know I do it all just to see your sweet buns throwing it down in the hole...and, you seem to be really confused today, isn't eric spelled with a K?

I started a rumor in my cute little neighborhood of Cabin John that "Howlie" might be coming to visit...hope you don't let us down!!

danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #8
Yo Spencer !!

Hows come we ain't seeing your name on that finish list?

Hope all is well, I'll be out sometime to visit !!
WesternMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004   #9
Yo Toph: Good to hear from you. Gary dropped the ball & forgot to post the elite class. Here it is:

1. Spencer
2. EJ
3. Coran
4. Fisher
5. Clay

Hope that helps…
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.
---- Yoda
spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004   #10
Way to go Spencer!! I knew you could do it!! Yeah, that EJ is tough, but style points go a LONG way !!

WesternMD is offline   Reply With Quote