Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-18-2007   #1
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Going to Reno for the festival? First Free DSI class May 10th

I am happy to announce the first Dagger Safety Initiative class will be held Thursday May 10th just before the Reno River Festival. This class has a one day dry land format that teaches the basics of river safety and encourages participants to continue with safety education. No one could learn everything there is in one day but they can learn something, and again it's free! More dates and locations will be announced for events in Vail, Gauley, and Charlotte as the season goes on. The class size is limited to 30 people. This is a first come first served type of format in order to sign up. One entry per person, meaning you email me with your name and not with yours and three friends. The class fills up so fast that I have to be sure each individual will be there. I will also take a standby list in the event someone does not show. I am only taking names for the Reno event right now. This will be the third DSI we have put on and the success is overwhelming. It is instructed by Mike Mather who has put together a fun and informative day of the safety basics. For more check out our pod-cast from one in Vail last year. You will need to search to about the middle of the podcasts to locate it.

Team D's podcast

There is an audio and a video. If you have the speed the video realy shows the class.

We are excited to start it off in Reno as we have been to the festival since it began. We will contact those that sign up by email with the exact event location.

Dagger Kayaks
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote