Old 03-24-2009   #1
Likes it wet.
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 2006
Goals For This Season...

Hey guys and gals,

If you have a few minutes check out Liz's post up on the DDP blog now. . It's all about her goals for the up coming season and a quick mini TR.

Now that being said...

What goals/runs do people hope to attain/run this up coming season???

Get out on an adventure this Spring!

LiquidGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #2
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Congrats to Liz for stepping it up and gettin on it! I'm sure the Nomad will treat her well! Good luck reachin them goals!

My goals for this season, well, this may sound like a generic answer, but here goes:

- To get out and paddle as much as I can, while stepping it up and gradually comming out of my comfort zone. Hope to be quite comfortable and competant being in class IV+ water by the end of the season.

- To continue to work on my skills, becomming more proficient in my strokes, (GAH! I know that's WIDE open for a joke, ;P) as well as becomming more proficient reading the river and its' features.

- To get the chance to paddle with Mike, Liz, and some of the Dirty Dozen Crew while Representing The RMH!

- To continue to paddle with a good fun bunch on the river.

- Just did The Numbers at low water this past Saturday and had a blast. Only had 2 combat rolls in #1 and cleaned the rest of the run. My good friend, Cecil, (Who was actually my instructor when I first started) showed me and my friend, Dave, down the Numbers. I'd like to gradually hit this run as the water gets higher. I loved it, even if I had that "pucker" feeling the whole way down! HAHA. I hadn't been that nervous on the river in a long time! That leads me to my next goal..

- To maintain that sense of alertness/nervousness while on ANY stretch of river, no matter how "easy" it is rated and no matter how low the flow is at. There's a few things that I've always remembered learning from the being an Army Paratrooper:
"Stay Alert, Stay Alive!" "Self-Preservation; if you care that little about your life, then get lazy, get complacent, and see what happens." That nervous feeling keeps us in a reality check in remembering to respect the river.

Okay, now just to name a few runs that I'd like to get on:
- Eleven Mile
- Numbers
-Lower Mish
-Upper Mish
- Runs on the Poudre
- Upper Blue
-And of course, Runs on the Ark. to get pictured by all the photographers at the photo spots! HAHA.

Happy Paddling!

- Alex

Airborne2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #3
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
im gonna run the Black in my ducky at flood levels. and after i stomp the shitty outta that im gonna go up and run BLC at super gnar gnar floody levels, and after that you all can line up and kiss my foot and then my ducky

nah.....just want to step it up to some solid IV's in my little rubber buddy though!
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #4
Likes it wet.
Seattle, Washington
This Season

Nice guys,

I'm sure I'll get to paddle with you both this season! Good goals for sure!

My main goal/priority this season is to keep my shoulder healthy. I struggled through a torn labrum last year... and didn't get as many quality runs in as I had hoped for (Big South, OBJ or any of the other CB creeks). But I had decent success competing on the Colorado playboating circuit. It was a blast!

This year I'm hoping to get on Big South, OBJ, Great Falls of the Potomac, and Green "Lite", and maybe some other South Eastern creeks! I'd also like to get some playboating done in Canada! We'll see how far my money can stretch without working

Hope everybody is having a great beginning to Spring! Come join us for some ELF Narrows laps here soon!

Get out on an adventure! Pray/Dance/Meditate for Snow!
Old 03-25-2009   #5
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
we don't need to do anymore of that praying for snow. we are getting another foot tonight.

new run goals obeyj, big timber , the box(clarks fork), escalante, black canyon, lake creek, south mineral if possible, middle fork powder river, popoagie if enough water, bates creek and horseshoe creek.
theirs alot i wish i could hit this year.

nice job liz. keep up the strong work. see you around mike. you are welcome to come join us in probably less than a month
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #6
Likes it wet.
Seattle, Washington

Sweet Mike.. I may take you up on that! Boxelder looks great.
Looks like a great list as well. Big Timber looks unreal... best of luck for sure!

You should meet us up on the Ottawa or Lachine for some big wave boating this Summer!
Old 03-25-2009   #7
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
im down as a mother trucker. i would drive 2 days straight for that shit.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #8
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Snow snow snow! Now's the time to get it for long summer fun!

I'm going to get on the Lochsa a bazillion times.

I'm going to learn to cataraft (it's on order), and run it on the Lochsa a bazillion times.

I'm going to take a guide school on the Lochsa, which will help me run it a bazillion times through May and June.

So besides that, I hope to do a lot of multi-day trips, especially the MF of the Salmon, and even some fun mellow ones with the pups. I'd love to get on the Selway, but I think I might as well hope I get on the moon.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #9
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
Want to get back to CB and would like to get comfortable on OBJ, or close anyway. Want Daisy again, SSV, Upper Animas more black rock after work runs. Maaaaybe Big South, perhaps as a 2 day.
craven_morhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009   #10
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
Fell short of the CB quadruple crown last year...gotta get that done. Sure like to make it to the NM creeks...embudo, etc.. Only hit S. Mineral last year and would love to get on more of the SW creeks (1st & 3rd Lime, no thanks on 2nd).

Gotta get on the U. Animas again. Gotta get down the Big South without my ass puckered the whole time.

Rafting....been dying to row gore for YEARS!!! MF Salmon and would love to spend a day on the Lochsa if I can stretch the trip.

But for now......let it snow let it snow let it snow!!!!! Man, if we could get one or two more of these kinds of could be SWEET.

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote