Old 07-04-2006   #1
Gauley Fest or bust...

I know its a bit early, but last year I drove it alone... I have some friends from Grand Junction that are supposed to caravan with me out there this year(I will be living in Breck by then in Boulder now) anyone thinking about heading out? Im planning on taking two weeks, 10 days to play and four days of driving, perhaps driving straight or camping along the way...probably leaving the Tues before it and staying a full week after it.....whos game..?

Gauley fest always promises awesome paddling, reuinion with old friends the meeting of new friends, and many, many memories to last a life time!

vayo con dios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006   #2
A bit early??? Bought our airline tickets three months ago. With taxes and fees $199.50. Gonna hit the U. Yough or Cheat on the way in.

Never hear about many Colorado folks going out there but theres always a bunch around when you get there.

mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
wish i could travel to the gaulley

Man oh Man, how I wish I could tag along! I'm from WV and love rafting the Gaulley and New. I haven't paddled either of them yet, but think I might be ready for the New (I'm still a ways away from being ready to paddle the G!)
I am leaving tomarrow for WV to visit for the next weekand should get some play in while I'm there. I will be hanging out in the Shepherdstown area (probably never heard of it) and in Charleston.
Have a blast when you go1 If anything changes in my schedule I will let you know and would love to make the trip.
ednaout is offline   Reply With Quote