Old 01-13-2009   #1
Silverthorne, Colorado
g ride or showdown

so i was wanting to get a g ride for the upcoming season but having a hard time finding one. i saw a showdown for sale and was wanting some input on which one people think is a better boat. im looking for a boat that i can progress more with play but still be able to run class 3/4. i paddled a gride last season and loved it so thats what i was leaning towards. im 5'5 135lb. any input??

rivermountaingnar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #2
Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
On the right track

I really believe that the G-Ride is a fantastic boat for beginners and it sounds like you have made an informed decision based on how you feel in the boat. That being said the G-Ride is getting on in age and there are other progressive designs out there that play even better and run rivers just as good! If you are set on the Ride, it is much better than the Showdown (in my opinion) and a fine boat, but don't limit yourself if you have some other options as well.

That probably didn't help at all by my two cents.

rideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #3
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
if you want to play and run rivers and still looking for inexpesive you can't beat the tried and trusted design of the kingpin series. awsome awsome awsome. great for beginners they cartwheel like a gymnast on steroids and great pop. i would vote for kingpin, the progression is very rapid in one.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #4
Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1994
If you're into playboating and are wanting to have a boat that will allow for the most progression I'd definitely go with the G ride over the Showdown. The G ride is short enough to loops well so that opens up alot of options, especially in low volume CO play. But as rideon says, there's a whole lot of newer boats out there that fit the bill of what you're looking for that you can get used for pretty cheap (ZG 48, Pyranha Fourtwenty, Fun, EZG, there's lots of good options).
Awoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #5
RMG42- I have a 6.2 G-ride for sale. Let me know if you're interested...

MattC is offline   Reply With Quote

dagger, g ride, showdown