Mountain Buzz banner

Freestyle and Creeking Clinics from EJ, Stooksberry, Coombs, and Clay Wright!

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  SafeT 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Buzzards...

This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to step up their game or in some cases just get some handy tips from those that are pushing the limits of todays kayaking. These clinics are a chance to paddle with those that are on the cutting edge of kayaking and to learn from their insights on what can make YOU a better paddler.

LOG is offering 2 levels of Freestyle Clinics and 2 levels of Creeking clinics Friday (day before the event) May 30th at 2 PM in the town of Lyons Colorado.

EJ and Nick Troutman will be offering 2 classes: (both at the Lyons WW Park)
  • Advanced Freestyle
  • Intermediate Freestyle
Clay Wright, Ben Stooksberry and Jesse Coombs will be offering 2 creeking classes (4 persons each):
  • Class IV+ Creeking Clinic- This is more of an intro to creeking clinic, but one should be very proficient with basic creeking knowledge and a solid IV boater. At this point this is slated for the Proving Grounds section of NSV.
  • Class V Creeking Clinic- This will be for those that are very comfortable with IV+/V- creeking, but are looking for instruction on how methods to better their game. We plan to have this on a section of SSV.
Freestyle Clinics are $50.00
Creeking Clinics are $75.00

Please contact Marty Cronin (aka Craw) for any questions:
303-517-2621 or marty at jackson kayak dot com

Temps are looking good for decent flow finally!!!

We already have 2 on the list for freestyle... Sign up soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
MAJOR CORRECTION!!!

These clinics will be held at 2pm... NOT NOON!!!!

#3 ·
OK, so the intermediate playboating class is almost full, I have room for maybe 1 more. If enough others are interested I may split this into two classes on it's own. The creeking clinics are filling up too. Those interested should sign up quick. They are going to be very small groups of 4 and will be fantastic for those looking to learn how to get better with their skills... With Clay, Ben and Jesse leading the class, you can't ask for better guidance on bettering your style.

#5 ·
Hey Seadog... Great question.

The folks I have in there now are more beginning playboating, but they have solid rolls and let's say they run everything on the poudre from Upper Mish down. Bottom line for those looking to learn how to initiate and sustain cartwheels in a hole, loops, and the such. If you are trying to perfect a phonics Monkey or McNasty... then you probably are in the adv.

Does that answer your question?

Something to note... I may have just filled the Intermediate. If anything Seadog, you will definitely be the last person in that group.

#7 ·
Claude, please call my cell...I need contact info etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.