Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 08-16-2007   #1
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Free Dagger Safety Initiative classes coming to the east coast. Gauley Fest and Charl

Hello everyone. Just wanted to let you know the dates and locations of our two stops on the east coast this fall. We wanted to get to the most amount of paddlers so we are doing our first class at the WW Center in Charlotte on Sat. Sept. 15th. It will be a big day as they are having thier festival as well! We will have free paddle clinics as well but the DSI class will be held from 9-5 at the center.

The next stop will be Thursday the 20th at the Gauley Festival grounds also from 9-5p. The DSI is recognized and endorsed by AW so we figured what better way to support them then by doing the class at Gauley Festival. We picked Thursday so paddlers won't miss a release date. I know it is a work day but it will fill up fast.

As for sign ups, you can start now! The rule is one entry per e-mail. Meaning? You can't email me with 10 peoples names, just yours. You can sign up for either class by sending me an email at ken.hoeve@kayaker.com and giving me your name, location of class, and phone number (as well as email). Classes are limited to the first 30 people to sign up so if you are in the area, get after it and let me know you want to attend.

To learn more about the class check out this pod cast from last year. It is a dry land "essentials" class that teaches use of throw bags, proper gear and common sense on the river. It is by NO MEANS the only training you should get but rather just the basics. We encourage everyone that attends to take a full two day class but this at least gets paddlers on thier way to more swiftwater education. The class is instucted by Mike Mather and is FREE!!!!!!

We look forward to seeing you at one of the DSI days soon and having fun while learning the basics. Thanks again.

Dagger Kayaks

Pod cast: http://www.teamdagger.com/ssp/news?news_id=9
There is a link in this link.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote