Old 04-01-2004   #1
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Freaking out yet?

You should be. It is looking grim kids. I am holding out hope for the big one (the gods wouldn't do this two us twice in three years would they?) but I just got out of the Arkansas CTF meeting and the water powers that be (BOR) just painted a grim picture of water in the state based on their April 1 snowpack numbers. For the Ark drainage things look only slightly better than 2002 (remember 2002...450cfs was killer 250cfs was the norm most of the summer) basically he said even if we get pounded we are still going to be in bad shape for late season "project" water on the Ark (imported water from the Fyingpan and Roaring Fork drainages) meaning we are likely going to be living with flows over the course of the summer of "significantly less than 700cfs" on the Ark.

All right enough negativity...We need mad snow and rain. Pull out all the stops. Put on that stinky ass rally cap. If it snows don't change your underwear. If you don't wear undies or not changing them does not deviate significantly from your normal routine consider sacrficing a virgin...or maybe offering your first born. It is go time kids.

Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004   #2
Yeah, it does look grim Mike. I am dancin' big time.

Like it or not, all of us are the result of a sexual act.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004   #3
Anyone see this afternoons caic forcast? Upslopes and moisture being sucked from the gulf. They say some areas could see upwards of 2' by sunday. Wouldn't that be a nice closing weekend treat at Monarch and Wolf Creek. I know, not enough to solve our problem but hey, we just have entered April, CO's 3rd snowiest month. I guess these undies will be with me for a while. Bring it on, we can't be done yet.
aaron w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004   #4
Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
aaron -
i saw that too. i've seen one forecast for 1-3" for both Friday and Saturday, but also saw thre other reports (including the CAIC one) that are predicting 1-2 FEET of snow. since it is an upslope from the gulf, it is supposedly carrying alot of moisture, which is unusual considering most storms come from the opposite direction.

Wet, gloppy snow is lame for skiing, but it helps things like snowpack and kayaking and making sure the whole state isn't on fire. Cross your fingers. . .
paddlebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004   #5
Confluence Watersports Sales rep
I'm going the old fashion route and getting down on my knees and praying to the big man upstairs. We need divine intervention at this point.

As for the underwear, I've already been in mine for a week so....
Joel@WaveSport is offline   Reply With Quote