Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-29-2013   #1
Fraser, Colorado
Fraser River Valley getting screwed for another year

I want to go kayaking goddammit, and those [EDIT - expletive deleted due to member complaints, but feel free to guess what they were being called] in charge of water theft are taking 400-500 cfs through the moffat tunnel right now. Meanwhile, the local rivers have practically no water. I feel like killing something and/or blowing something up! JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

foreverhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #2
I stop in every 5 years or so just to see what's up and to tis point I was disappointed to see that we had not had the annual piss on the front Range post usually by a somewhat new commer. Thanks for keeping my faith alive. I however would choose my words somewhat more carefully . I live right below a diversion tunnel that dewaters the river in my back yard when out walking I occasionally see a Colorado Springs Water Board truck. I usually flip them off or give them the double handed Jersey salute depending on wether I have a beverage in my hand or not. forms of 1st Amendment expression that garner less attention yours perhaps. All the best sj

sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #3
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Come kayak the tunnel discharge on the east side

We have your water here on the east side. Drive over and run Alto-Alto near Rollinsville (IV) and GREAT at these levels, or below Pinecliff (V and V+)
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #4
granby, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
HELL YA foreverhard you nailed it they need there green grass lets tell more people to move to the front range and will have no water
bito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #5
in the, land of milk and honey
Originally Posted by foreverhard View Post
those mother-fucking piece-of-shit assholes in charge of water theft are taking 400-500 cfs
Where are you getting this info? Got a link?
CeeEee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #6
Tabernash, Colorado
Foreverhard I don't know how to thank you for your wise words to the waterboard. Oh yes I do...a shot of whiskey. At least you got first d of East I. That should keep a smile on for the dry times. Fucking cocksuckers they make you feel like you have tourette's when talking about them.
teleski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #7
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Originally Posted by CeeEee View Post
Where are you getting this info? Got a link?
Diversions | Denver Water
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences. https://garna.org
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #8
Lakewood, Colorado
I'm no fan of diversions, but I went to a Colorado River Water Conservation meeting in 2008 and was surprised to learn that only about 15% of trans-divide diversions from the basin are used in front range households, with roughly half being used outside and the rest inside. So of that 500 cfs, only about 40 cfs statistically goes to water lawns on the front range. Another 40 cfs flushes toilets and runs showers. The rest is agriculture. If you want to point a more meaningful finger, it should probably be at the livestock industry, which uses far more water to produce a pound of food than other agriculture.
mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #9
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
I think there is a bigger problem or problems at hand. You should be bitching at all the people on the planet that have started to increase the natural warming of the earth which is causing less snow here in Colorado. For those of you that don't believe in global warming, then it is your god doing his/her work. How come I never hear about anyone complaining to god/s about the lack of water? Don't they hear your prayers at night? I hear that monotheistic one can totally make it flood if he wants. Back to lots of people you could complain about those people that have unprotected sex and make lots of babies and those babies need drinking water. More sex equals more babies equals less water to kayak on. Put condoms in the schools, vasectomies for all!!!!
I can put a political twist on anything, vote for me in the 2014 elections.

Drink a beer or 10 and quit bitching, you have safe clean drinking water and relatively cheap food as the result of our water systems. Talking about getting fucked is when your water is infested with malaria or guinea worm larve Dracunculiasis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
970-217-21 six six
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013   #10
I feel your pain ForeverFuct. I mean, here we are, supposedly on the awesome receiving end of these diversions, and my local, once-mighty, South Platte river is still dewatered. Good thing they turned some of it into beer to help drown our sorrows. I'm going to water my lawn now in hopes that Union Chutes will come in.

Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote