Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-04-2013   #41
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
That is the point., business will behave like business not a steward ..that is why you don 't want them in control of critical resources and systems, especially natural monopolies like water or utilities..just as government can be efficient business could be honest, but with globalism companies big enough to carry out large scale projects chase money and the highest ROI, in fact have a fiduciary duty to stock holders to do so.Some kind of private sub contracting to smaller local firms with government oversight is s nice fusion of concerns but that (the regulatory process) has often been corrupted by big business interests as has the contracting process.Corruption is rampant in both ..

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #42
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
What the !! ... is politics doing invading the boating forum. Oh, that's right... sometimes politics tends to mix with the important boating issues - especially here in the West where water law and rights are insanely complicated.

As to the OP: there are a lot of people and things getting screwed over to support modern civilization. Broaden the scope beyond the tip of your nose and your own backyard and you might see how many of the material things you possess just might have screwed somebody, or something, over for you to have those things. What's the answer to solve these frustrations and dilemmas? I don't really know the correct answer. But I do know that venting as you did on the internet (threats of violence) is a dangerous thing to do. Be careful, buddy - a young man out east was recently arrested for writing similar things on his facebook page.

KSC wrote.. "We live in a highly interconnected world."
Well said. I'd love to see more people start embracing this truth - and not just in regards to the front range vs. mountain dwellers.

The ones who jokingly speak of the front range vs. mountain dwellers are just having fun. The ones who bitch about it, but know the bigger truth are just frustrated and venting (I understand). But the ones who take it very seriously are just plain ignorant.

marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #43
Fraser, Colorado
COCKSUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems I went a little overboard and had to be censored last week after I practiced extreme water conservation by not adding enough to my bourbon. It seems I made the classic western error of drinking whiskey and fighting about water.

However, even after driving 2-4 hours per day to kayak in the last week, I'm still fucking furious, and I stand behind my sentiments to those in charge of water theft: MOTHERFUCKING, PIECES-OF-SHIT, ASSHOLE, JERKS!

foreverhard is offline   Reply With Quote