Old 06-04-2005   #1
Fort Collins Whitewater Park

I am writing a paper on the attempt to get a whitewater park in Ft. Collins. Any websites that have information regarding the process of getting it approved or with updates to how the process is going would help immensely.

Also anyone's personal opinion on whitewater parks in general would be appreciated as well. Do they help or hurt boating? Good bad idea? etc.

Any other information anyone has regarding the Ft. Collins park may be helpful. Thanks in advance.

kveith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #2
Checkout the May/June issue of "Paddler" magazine there is a great article about the sucess (read that $$$$ to the community) of bringing a Playpark to a town.

In reguards to help/hurt boating that depends on your viewpoint.
Helps by giving boaters a centeral place to learn river skills with others around to lend a hand as needed as aposed to losing it going down the unknown river, making boating safer overall. Brings $$$$ to the local boating bussiness and others.

Hurts, any time you have a place where a large amount of people gather you will have litter, ground damage look at Golden/Union where the grass is wore to dirt.

Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005   #3
Retail Manager/Kayak Instructor
For more information specifically regarding the Fort Collins Whitewater Park, give Matt Evans or myself a ring at the Mountain Shop this week. Our number is 493-5720. Web updates have been nonexistent with all the work that's been going into the project lately.

Brian :lol:
The Mountain Shop
Poudre River Kayaks
632 S. Mason
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Brian @ the Mountain Shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #4
fort collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I am proposing my senior design project to design a white water park for Fort Collins or LaPorte. It will be free labor to design it since students will be doing it. I am wondering if anyone knows someone to talk to about where the best place to place one is based on slope and also for legal reasons with land owner issues and water rights issues. I am able to design it and propose it to the city if it all works out, but I could use some advice on the most recent fight for a white water park.
megancarroll is offline   Reply With Quote