Old 01-14-2006   #1
Fort Collins, Colorado
Fort Collins Pool Sessions

I just moved to Fort Collins, and am looking for any information about pool sessions in the area. I called the local kayaking shop but unfortunately they weren't able to provide me with any information. I also called EPIC and I am waiting for a call back.
Any info would be great.

Horn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #2
The Mountain Shop use to have open pool on Sundays starting around April at the Mulberry pool. I don't know if you tried them yet? I didn't see anything on their website, but they have been updating their site for 2 years now. Maybe not that long, but close.

MPEARSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #3
RMA.. Starting on the 22nd of January...

Mountain shop lost their two instructors, and I am not sure what there going to do (I dont think they know themselves).
bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006   #4
Fort Collins, Colorado
Thanks for the info. I will give RMA a call
Thanks again
Old 01-15-2006   #5
bring your drysuit when you come up here. the spokane is at 14,900 this morning. you will like it. i hope you use that "seal launch" technique you tried that icy day on shoshone.
mccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006   #6
Fort Collins, Colorado
Unfortunately it has become the "Walrus" launch. This time I plan on zipping the suit after it fills with water. Unsure if the boat is worth the cold (ha,ha). How does March 17-19 look for you and the wife? Iam pretty good except on February, 5 & 11th or March 2-3 and 25th/26th otherwise weekends are good
I will call you this week to talk. Really look forward to it.
PS. I liked the "weak puppy" hole pic (ha,ha)
Old 01-15-2006   #7
Fort Collins, Colorado
For anybody else out there interested in FT. Collins open pool sessions.

This is from the RMA website. Also just spoke with Cathy at RMA and you can reserve your spot by calling them at 493-4005

"This winter and spring, you can practice your Kayak Roll by signing up for one of our non-instructional practice sessions. These are approximately 1.5 hours in length, so you get plenty of time for refining your roll. They are held on Sundays from 3 PM - 4:30 PM at Mulberry Pool in Fort Collins. Sessions are each Sunday, January 22nd until April 30th. There are no sessions March 12th, April 9th, or April 16th as the pool is closed. Call 800-858-6808 to reserve your spot in a practice session.

Cost per Session: $6.50
Coupon Book for 5 Sessions: $30.00 ($6.00 a session)
Equipment Rental Package: $5.00"
Old 01-17-2006   #8
dont forget to mention, walk-ins are welcome long as there is space.
bscohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #9
Send a message via AIM to kingtutbigbutt Send a message via MSN to kingtutbigbutt Send a message via Yahoo to kingtutbigbutt
Speaking of missing instructors at The Mountain Shop... Does anyone know what happened to Tye?
kingtutbigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #10
The mountain shop will also be hosting pool sessions here in Fort Collins but they will not start for another 2 weeks. So if you would like to support your local gear shop, instead of a "rafter" you will have that option.

As for Ty, he is going to pursue his career as an international female cage fighter. He is off now in a far off land studing the ancient crane technique (from the karate kid) in a monastary off the coast of Madagascar.

wish the spell check worked. . .

hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote