Old 03-03-2006   #1
Footage of Class V in Colorado

Alright all you dirt bags that would love to go down in immortality. I am accepting all footage that you would not mind being put in the first Colorado Creek Video Guide. There will probably not be much in the way of video credits but this is to help people realize what they are stepping on before they commit this year. It will be high water up north so I am putting out a video and it will feature High Water northern Colorado levels that I have been filming for the past 3 years.

If you are interested please mail a copy of your footage in the highest quality possible on a mini dv tape by United States Postal Service (along with your hate mail for my George Bush and his administration bashing comments before they got censored, still got love for Frenchy and the Streets):

Nick Hinds
Off The Couch Productions
PO Box 772565
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477

Or certified or tracked Fed-Ex or UPS if you are worried about them getting lost by our postal workers.

Paddler Magazine
Attn: Nick Hinds
735 Oak St.
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487

Thanks guys and gals, this should come out to have great new unheard of music and some serious carnage and clean lines with high water descents of:

Big South
Escalante Creek
The Embudo
The Upper Elk
Upper and Lower Fish Creek
Gore Canyon
Oh-Be (sorry I know it is way overdone)
Poudre Narrows
Spencer Heights
King Solomon Creek First Decent
2nd Gorge of Lime
Yule Creek

Destination sections:

Mexico (San Luis Ptosi area, Micos section of the Santa Maria, Rio Salto, and Rio Verde)
Costa Rica (upper Rio Orosi, Upper Rio Pacuare, and el Rio Patria)
Idaho (Mesa Falls, Spring Falls, and Auger Falls)
Tennessee (Rock Island waterfalls, Brave Wave)
North Carolina (Cascades of the Nantahala, Hurricane Francis at Cape Hateras)
West Virginia (Dries of the New)

P.S. This is not going to be some Nick Hinds Glory Video, so make sure you include the boaters names on a sheet of paper and if you would like your name and address so I can mail them back and mail you a free copy of the movie once it is printed. Also a phone number would be nice so I can contact you if any of the return mail gets returned or if I need some more information on a boater's name in a particular drop.
Old 03-03-2006   #2
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Sounds sick!

How do we procure a copy of this video when its ready?

benpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #3
I am currently building a website that will have a photo gallery guide to the entire state and you will be able to purchase the video there in about 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned and I will post again.

Nick Hinds
Old 03-03-2006   #4
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Sounds awesome Nick. I have a some footy from OBJ two years ago and a whole lot from the Cascades and Green Narrows if you're interested (including some jackings at Chinese Feet and Gorilla). The only thing is that they are not on DV, they were captured onto DVD from tape. Not sure if that would kill the usefulness or not. Let me know what you think.

Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #5
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
are you selling it?
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #6
Yes I am selling it. I spent $1,500 on a computer to edit it, $900 to buy a GL-1 from John Brennan (which I had to repair for $450 a month later) used it for a year and then it died from water damage a year later (Canon told me it would be $1,600 to repair it). Also, the software to edit it and the software to do the DVD authoring is pretty damn expensive.

It will also cost me a pretty penny to get them printed so that they will work in PC and Mac computers and all DVD players.

That is the long version but, in short, I am in the freaking hole real deep. If you don't mind me putting a clip or two I would love to see peoples footage. But, if you would not like to see me profit off your footage or are not OK with me trying to recoup the $4,000 that I am in debt, no worries. I already have enough footage but just want some icing on the cake.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Old 03-03-2006   #7
Nick is this an addition to rcr's or a different thing?
Whiskey's for drinkin' and waters for fightin'
- Mark Twain
wycoloboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #8
im not going to give you footage for your gay movie douchbag
N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #9
This is the same footage but I have gotten some help from my friends who actually know how to edit and give me really excellent advise.

It will be organized by region, drainage, and creek, This will be a supplement that follows the CRC book. I am hoping to invest whatever small amounts of money I make into buying a very expensive an nice camera to film this year and document some new things around the area.

This new video will not be titled Routt County Creekers as my last one was, still trying to decide on a name. I will be doing video premiers and selling the film at every event around Colorado but will let everyone know when it is up and running on the website too.

It will have some comentary from experienced boaters on the characteristic of the river, then show the most difficult drops. This is not a real DVD river guide in the sense that I will not show put ins, take outs, and that sort of thing. There will not even be a shot of every consequential drop, but many will be shown and some of the edge will be taken off since you will be able to see clean lines and some dirty lines on some of the hardest runs in Colorado. It is not all 6- / 5+ like say Twitch V, there is actually a focus on things that sane people would consider running but it will have some serious drops too. There will be a minimal amont of playboating but some features will be profiled.

Thats all I have to say about that for the moment. Still being edited so the plan may change. Does everyone feel this could be a helpful tool for the boater who is a solid class V boater and is feeling intimidated by certain runs? Might even help out the aspiring class 4+ boater too?
Old 03-03-2006   #10

Your ass ain't staying at my house tonight either then! Hope we get some more snow, cause I guess Cross Mountain Gorge is still pretty freaking iced in. Bring your board not your boat.

class v