Old 03-03-2006   #11
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Sounds sweet. I know I'd use it to check some of the drops on new runs.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #12
2 cents

I've seen a recent cut of this movie and I'm very impressed. It is suprisingly well done for someone who lives in Steamboat. There has been some time spent on makin' it look great.

There are a select few that can run the shit that is in the main-stream videos, not to say that this video is tame. But there is another niche market out there that likes seeing runs that they've seen or ran or heard of in the vid. Plus with the local appeal in that if you've boated long enough in Colorado you've seen/know somebody in this video.

It's like the starbucks phenomonn. onn om. . . A lot of local coffe shops that can match/beat the quality of the product make a lot of money by locating next to a mainstream business and out perfoming the norm. This video looks as good as the mainstream but has the local flavor.

Final plug. . . real good and I can't wait to drink booze and mingle at the premier.

Nick you suck at snowboarding.

hey diddle diddle...
lotsawater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006   #13
Denver, Colorado
You should still have some good shots of me and Phinny swimming Double T, epic day!
I think this is a great idea, look forward to picking up the DVD.
LoopDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006   #14
I really did not mean to jump on you Ben specifically with that question. Someone just yesterday was busting one of my friend’s balls for using a clip and not getting approval first. He was basically angry that someone did not check with him before using it in a video that was sold. This seems to be a point of contention with some people and I understand it and see it around sometimes. What I was getting at is, if anyone (not specifically Mr. BG) is not interested in seeing their footage used or would rather put out a movie sometday themselves and don't want their footage devalued by the exposure it may get in my movie, understand where I am coming from.

My quick knee jerk reaction was more based on being jaded by the person who sold me a camera (which I was warned about being possibly messed up by Jared Johnson) that broke down a month later. I even asked the seller directly if the camera was messed up. I am not blaming John and do realize using cameras around water is really very dangerous to your wallet. Just purchased a WPI Pentax waterproof digital cause I have soaked my SLR 2 different times, once in Costa Rica and once in Mexico.

So my apologies, it was not directed at your comment and I was just taking a preemptive strike against all you haters out there. One of my close friends indicated that my reply seemed pretty darn harsh and after reading it, I guess it was (but not directed at anyone in particular). Probably a bad sign that I am already jaded but sitting in front of the computer is not the fun part. Traveling around CO every summer and boating with my best friends is what makes it all worth while. Buying a new camera to record this again this summer is my top priority. Selling movies is the means!

Can't wait for the season!
Old 03-04-2006   #15
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish

My question wasn't pertaining to possibly selling you footage, and I never took it offensively an any perspective. I was more curious on the projected plan of the vid.... NO worries on my end. I know how it is to buy a bunch of stuff geared up for kayaking vids, trust me. I think I wrote off about 6K in equipment as well last year....I have a lot of CO footy, some good some bad, more or less around the Gwood area, (Crystal Gorge, Barrel, Upper Roaring Fork) but I have a few more obligations right now with my vid, (not that footage), but more or less, a lot of stuff on my table where my time is unbelievably limited right now!..... Plus all my tapes aren't where im at right now, but if they were I could send you some dupes....But most the footage is from a while ago, and not very good Quality (1chip). I think this is going to be an awesome project, and If I came off in a way that I would "sell" you footage, I didn't mean to. I would sell footage, but not for a project like this where its hard enough to make a dollar anyways! Especially with the homeboys in CO.

I Can't wait to see the finished project. Getting the Rough DVD of our vid project burned today or tomorrow..... Talk about a learning experience, but a good one for sure!

Good luck with it~

Maybe I can do a playboating in CO haha...
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006   #16
In this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow of freaks, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 1986
Send a message via AIM to kayakArkansas
I'm sure it's very common but I have great shot of stupid falls being ran at lower water levels if it will be of help let me know....also if you need some video of the Arkansas Drainage then I can put you in contact with some folks who have been working/videoing there for years. Just my two cents, probablly not helpfull but let me know if it is.

kayakArkansas is offline   Reply With Quote

class v