Old 01-02-2006   #11
Yeah, like puff down, like 420 braaahhh!!

Dude are you like 14 or something? Smoke a joint? So cool man, so so cool. Lets sneak around back and funnel a 12 pack too.

RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #12
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Its part of human curiosity to want to see stuff like floods, volcanoes, avalanches, you name it. You would never wish destruction on helpless folks, and you don't want to see anyone get hurt, but damn you want to watch or see video. Mother nature at her most powerful provides some of the most awesome ( in the truest sense of the word) displays on the planet. I am with Yeti... I would like to see it, and I too am amazed at the powerand the flows!

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #13
"Confucius say: He who does not build on flood plain will not be flooded."

Can I get an AMEN! I dont get why anyone would live below sea level, did mommy drop them on their heads when they were young or what?

PhilBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #14
Try Idaho

Dear Groms,

In case you have time for a ten-hour drive, Idaho is going off as well, with more boatable flows than Cali.

Climax Wave on the Payette was in this weekend so the Main is running like 4,500. The North Fork looked to be around 2,000 but cold and icy in spots. The Salmon was around 6,000.

I recomend the Little Salmon (tested this week); warmer than the Payette this time of year. It was between 1,600 and 2,000. All the hair was in at the top and the surf was awesome. 3,000 ups the fun, making it a play run that'll put you on the edge of your thermoformed seat. Tons of mini-skook waves with continuous rapids. No swimming......

A word of warning: None of the guages seem to be working but they're getting the same pineapple express we are in Colorado with half the elevation. Try the Bliss Wave on the Snake to break up the drive.

Your pal,
Smokey Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006   #15
Ishi Pishi at 155k would be a site to see. Does anyone know how high it was in the first no big names video (I think thats the one it was in)?

lagoonia is offline   Reply With Quote