Old 06-09-2010   #1
edwardsville, Illinois
Paddling Since: 1993
Flaming Gorge Utah run A and B

Is this a difficult run for a canoe? I'm looking to go late the last week of June.

vacca2256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Yeah, other than red creek rapid it's all easy drop-pool kind of stuff. You can scout red creek and see what you think, but I have seen it run in a canoe.

Have Fun!!!

NolsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #3
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
It depends on you. If Red Creek looks too weird, you can easily line your canoe thru river left.
You can never step into the same river; for new waters are always flowing on to you. - Heraclitus of Ephesus
DurangoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #4
I was fishing above little hole one day and low and behold here comes an oar floating by so I pick it up and put it on shore. A bit later here comes an overloaded canoe towing half a canoe behind it. I gave them their oar back.

Difficult no but there are definitely things you need to be aware of that can wrap or dump a canoe pretty easily depending on your skills and stability/agility of your canoe. This particular group had wrapped on the rock in Mother-in-Law that eats quite a few boats every year. Just do your research and you should be fine.

We floated the next day and sure enough that rock was colored bright canoe red and I think it stayed that way for some time after.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off