Old 03-16-2011   #11
Louisville, Colorado
I lived in flag in 92/93 the snow base was over 100 inches, and the mountain biking was great. Good climbing too. Great place to be if you like to be outside.

catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011   #12
Thanks to all who have responded so far. Very helpful! I appreciate you taking the time to share some info.

American Whitewater's website and river stewardship projects are funded by paddlers. Please join, renew, or make a donation to help us protect whitewater rivers in Colorado and nationwide.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011   #13
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
christopher creek is the bomb. if it flows you will be stoked to be living so close. the main drops in the middle of the gorge are so good you could almost justify living in AZ. almost.
tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #14
White Mountains, Arizona
Paddling Since: '88
I don't live there anymore but I lived in Flag for over 13 years and it is an awesome place to enjoy the outdoors. It's a great starting spot for some great climbing, bouldering, backpacking, mtn. biking, and lots of backcountry in general. To the north you have the Grand Canyon and beyond that amazing canyoneering near the AZ-Utah Border.
As far as paddling goes it's all about the winter snowpack, so if you're an optimist then it's all good! Also many lesser known places to visit (lots of secret spots to discover too)!
"Good relations with the Wookies, I have." - Yoda
EZDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011   #15
White Mountains, Arizona
Paddling Since: '88
I forgot to mention the skiing in Flag. It's good......if you like waiting in line.
I've found that the skiing at Sunrise is so much less crowded, and the express quad lift will keep you moving all day long with little if any lines (even on weekends). In my opinion, there is a lot more terrain too. It's just doesn't have the friendly feel that Snowbowl does. But you get over that real quick when you're getting so many more runs in all day. Sorry, Snowbowl's true. If you want to chit chat in line go to Snowbowl, if you want to ski hard and get in more runs....then the drive out to Sunrise will be worth it.

"Good relations with the Wookies, I have." - Yoda
EZDingo is offline   Reply With Quote