Old 09-10-2011   #11
Oregon City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1972
Originally Posted by cosurfgod View Post
Rafters are such pussies, smaller the boat the bigger the wave. Don't forget to bring a cum groover. You have to pack that shit out. Nobody wants to find slugs on the beach.
Manana, one thing you DON'T need to take along is this arrogant, self-absorbed, obscene, ignorant kayak snob.

The Mogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #12
Hand foot maintaince: moisturizer, band aids, neo sporin, tape. Don't believe the BS about wounds not healing down there, if you take care of em they do. Big ass hat. I was pretty happy to have a canyon geology book. You have a LOT of time to stare at rocks, its nice to know which layers are which.

mbannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #13
Your Moms Pants, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
I did a trip with cosurf god, total douche. When he wasn't swimming he was in the bushes rubbing one out. Got so drunk he shit in his own sleeping bag. Only bought enough weed for himself. Had to borrow my pipe.
Porker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #14
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
One thing I get tired of on any river trip is lugging my big ass drybag to/from camp. I don't agree with taking less clothing either, sometimes stuff gets lost (watch the wind on laundry day) and ruined. So I plan to split my stuff into two drybags, one being my main bag and the other being the secondary gear whether that be cold weather gear, 2nd pair of whatever, etc. Some days I'll probably have to lug both to camp, but hopefully I won't have to more than half the time. One drawback of a small cat is you can't sleep on it, which eliminates dry bag hauling.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #15
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Rubbin' it out in the bushes?!! At the very least your mom always packs that shit out.

I'm just looking out for the canyon, theses lotions tips sound like they are giving lots of handjobs.
Creek Boaters Like Tight Boxes
cosurfgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #16
Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
All good stuff. However get at least 1 great big Jaxs Plastics gear bag (or equivalent), 1 bag for you tent, a bag or two that fits you chairs,(note bags=dry bags) a big thick Paco Pad 3" min but go big. Then bring everything that you can fit in the bags. I have a buddy who has two big bags for PG, a guitair bag, a couple of Pacos, and other assorted crap. Go with folks who haved a bunch of big boats (18' are very nice, and can carry a lot of stuff. You can rent these and other equipment
from a number of outfitters, I have used all the ones in Flag and have found Moenkopi to be the best. If you find yourself with an extra cooler full of ice bring it. Use it for drinks (no drinks in cooler) and save the ice in the food coolers for food.
yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #17
Northern Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
If you have some big boats...

On my first grand trip we had a ping pong table and a ghetto blaster with about 30 pounds of D-batteries along with lots of booze.

That was a great trip! I'd strongly recommend the above mentioned items if weight isn't an issue. Of course, that was before i-pods and solar chargers were around.
Faucet Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #18
Springfield, Oregon
Not as fun as a ping pong table, but a pee bucket or jug is really nice for those nights you don't want to wonder from the cot.
jrice345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #19
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Go to eBay and search for battery powered iPod adapters. You can run an iPod for days on AA batteries with one. If you also buy cheap, battery powered speakers that use AA batteries and a case of batteries you'll be set for music and your group will love you if they didn't bring any. Last trip I kept the whole setup in a big plastic bag, which I change every few days, while in camp. It keeps the sand out of the electronics and keeps it safe from inadvertent splashing or drizzle.

Also 1 pair shorts, 1 pair sandals, 1 synthetic tee shirt, 1 warm hat, 1 sun hat, RAIN GEAR with UMBRELLA, 1 small ammo can (for the previously mentioned iPod and your notebook, 2 headlamps, and 3 pairs sunglasses) a small and light backpack - your nalgene is fine for hikes (bring 2 tall ones), a well stocked personal first aid kit geared toward fixing small cuts and cracks in your hands and feet daily, a needle and thread, and twice the amount of drugs and alcohol you estimate needing. Also buy Tom Martin's guide book and if you can afford it I LOVE having the flat, dry map case for it.

The last luxury I have found is a Sea to Summit brand lightweight dry bag to keep my sleeping bag in. I keep this inside of my larger dry bag and I don't take the sleeping bag out of it until bedtime. This will keep your bag dry fo sho.

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote