Old 03-10-2006   #31
on your sister, ...
Re: tubing mentality?

Originally Posted by raftus
I know these guys and they are doing the right things - .
really...? then you probably know that one them committed suicide last Fall?

stfu,trolling douche bag.

tuberslickmysweatyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #32
I believe Raftus was speaking about their river practices, not making a grand statement about their lives in general and unless you're a complete dumb shit, you know that too.

People from all walks of life commit suicide and it's really not your business what tubers, kayakers or rafters do in their personal life if it's not affecting you. These tubers are being responsible on the water. That was the point. This is a boating forum, not a morons-make-a-judgement-about-someones-personal-life forum.

Have a little respect man, that was someone's friend (trolling or not).

Now go lick your sweaty balls yourself before you're inclined to make another thoughtless post.

Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006   #33
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Steve you sorry little bitch. Get your ass outside and clean lime creek, do some maintanance on no name creek and make sure Vallecito is ready for 2007. I think you need to start tubing and learn how the real men read water. Cause the way you boat, we all know, you sure as hell can't read water. Glad you're doing well bro, hope all is great with the fam. Shoot me an

Also JJ is a total puss, so you hit that one on the head. The boy can boat-- but he turtles up almost instantly when you swat him around a little.

It was a broken left leg and ankle, along with the boat. Bad day, very bad day. Some ugly shit, thanks for the help on that one.

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #34
I'm going to tube OBJ this year. Want to come?
slee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #35
Lawyer Scum
In respose to the previous thread "these guys are collegiate swimmers".

Someone will know the details on this. About 10 yesrs ago a navy seal on vacation was jumping off one of the cliff diving walls on the paddle out in westwaterwithout a vest. He went under and never came back up. Point of the story is the strongest swimmer in the world is no match for the water if they don't understand how hydrolics work and how to use the river to your advantage.

Is this an urban legend? Anyone remember the details?

Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006   #36
yeah, I guess that really sums this up. tubing is just way sicker than kayaking. If OBJ goes well, I may do the North Fork while I'm in the area. Even if I swim, a swim there isn't that bad....right Gary?
slee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #37
Lawyer Scum

Did anyone know f the navy seal story is true, or is it just a story to pass the bottle with on the paddle out?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006   #38
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
No clue about the SEAL but a woman on the Irish freestyle team died swimming Full James when the Worlds were there, although she was sans PFD.
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006   #39
semi-related to this thread;I was reading a sailing magazine that had an article about South African Mike Horn's exploits,on par with Rhienhold Messner's.All types of extreme expeditions,circumventing the equator by human powered and non motorized craft,sailing records,solo polar exploration ,etc.. One of his feats was the world hydrospeed waterfall record A 60+ footer on the Colca river Peru,and he ran the class V canyon one of the deepest in the world.Isn't hydrospeed just what Euros call a riverboard or is there more to it?

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006   #40
Try Yule Creek. But call me so I can watch you wreck.

N. Wigston is offline   Reply With Quote